Home

Where are all the Gamechangers at?

This is a discussion on Where are all the Gamechangers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Where are all the Gamechangers at?

Matt10 you know I love you bro, but we already know the answer to your post and you know the answer too, as Kehlis pointed out.

For all of the ppl like myself frustrated with the nagging legacy issues in this series here's the best thing you can do;

STOP BUYING THE DOG ON GAME!!!!!

At some point we have to start pointing the finger at ourselves. We already know why those devs stop coming around after release cos you've already run out to Walmart and bought the product. Mission accomplished. They win! Once the hype train stops at the next station there are way too many filled seats man. Stop riding it and maybe they might decide to fix this mess.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #18
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Please point out where any actual insult occurred in the OP...
Apparently pointing out flaws in the game is insulting. It's also offensive. We should all be ashamed of ourselves lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen

I also feel, with this console generation ending, they are really pushing the limits on what they can do. And with that, they will not please everyone. They have to please sim gamers, online only arcade gamers, uniform aficionados, equipment lovers, presentation up to par like you are watching a game on TV; it's simply a tall mountain to climb and really, what do you pick? Who do you please?
Boy I hate these types of responses. You don't have to please everyone, you just have to make a football game with REALISTIC GAMEPLAY. This country is utterly in love with football and many people are just waiting for a football game that isn't broken. Make a game where DB's don't run away from man coverage, where RB's actually fumble, etc. and the masses will praise the devs. Such a cop out response, and forget the "online only arcade crowd" as they're the only crowd that seems to get catered to.

Also, please the equipment lovers haha. How freaking hard would it be to put caps on shoulder pad size for positions like WR's??? Tired of seeing WR's w/ shoulder pads of 80 and 70.

Last edited by friscob; 07-26-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Matt10 you know I love you bro, but we already know the answer to your post and you know the answer too, as Kehlis pointed out.

For all of the ppl like myself frustrated with the nagging legacy issues in this series here's the best thing you can do;

STOP BUYING THE DOG ON GAME!!!!!

At some point we have to start pointing the finger at ourselves. We already know why those devs stop coming around after release cos you've already run out to Walmart and bought the product. Mission accomplished. They win! Once the hype train stops at the next station there are way too many filled seats man. Stop riding it and maybe they might decide to fix this mess.
Sure let's say everyone here at OS stops buying the game. That's what... 1% of their sales? I get your logic but surely you have to see where it fails. Simply put, all of the things that are important to us go relatively unknown to the average sports gamer. Most people don't pay attention to the intricacies in gaming like those on this site do. The coverage issues, footwork issues, equipment issues and etc. aren't things that your normal every day gamer notices. They just pick up the game and play it. If there is a really massive noticeable bug, they'll throw a fit over it but they'll get right back to gaming. We're hardcore gamers compared to the person who normally plays this game.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #20
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Apparently pointing out flaws in the game is insulting. It's also offensive. We should all be ashamed of ourselves lol

Boy I hate these types of responses. You don't have to please everyone, you just have to make a football game with REALISTIC GAMEPLAY. This country is utterly in love with football and many people are just waiting for a football game that isn't broken. Make a game where DB's don't run away from man coverage, where RB's actually fumble, etc. and the masses will praise the devs. Such a cop out response, and forget the "online only arcade crowd" as they're the only crowd that seems to get catered to.

Also, please the equipment lovers haha. How freaking hard would it be to put caps on shoulder pad size for positions like WR's??? Tired of seeing WR's w/ shoulder pads of 80 and 70.
What I highlighted is exactly my point. The first part of what you wrote is what these devs take advantage of. Ppl are addicted to football games. EA makes the only football games on the market. Ppl will buy them no matter how flawed they are. Not EA's fault. Not the fault of the GCs.

The last part of what you wrote is what we have control over. The problem is not enough ppl are actually waiting. They just buy, hoping they can 'fix' the game with sliders and roster edits, but I forgot to mention most of the sliders are not responsive enough or flat out broken. The ratings scale is not spread out enough so player edits can only take you so far, not to mention the fact that it's utterly time consuming. It's a vicious cycle that only the consumer can break. It's not the fault of the devs and certainly not the fault of the GCs. IMO they are just pawns in the game anyway. Marketing tools.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #21
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Sure let's say everyone here at OS stops buying the game. That's what... 1% of their sales? I get your logic but surely you have to see where it fails. Simply put, all of the things that are important to us go relatively unknown to the average sports gamer. Most people don't pay attention to the intricacies in gaming like those on this site do. The coverage issues, footwork issues, equipment issues and etc. aren't things that your normal every day gamer notices. They just pick up the game and play it. If there is a really massive noticeable bug, they'll throw a fit over it but they'll get right back to gaming. We're hardcore gamers compared to the person who normally plays this game.
I agree with you 100 percent and I definitely understand that we make up the minority. TBH most ppl buy this game just to get a football fix till Madden comes out. On another note why continue to buy a product that brings constant frustration? That's the larger point. It doesn't make sense really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I agree with you 100 percent and I definitely understand that we make up the minority. TBH most ppl buy this game just to get a football fix till Madden comes out. On another note why continue to buy a product that brings constant frustration? That's the larger point. It doesn't make sense really.
It's called an addiction! Half the country is foaming at the mouth for football season to start. Why do Cleveland Browns fans sell out almost every game when the product that they're paying for brings them such constant frustration?!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
Rookie

BostonGators's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
They are unpaid and not contractually obligated to answer questions here or anywhere else. This is *ONE* of many community's about EA Sports games. Funny enough, a community I frequently post at has at least 3 developers who actively talk about there games.

Also funny, they don't get insulted either. It's a stricter forum. People wonder why the devs stopped coming here, that is probably your answer. Gamechangers don't have to come here either. I would think their main avenue for tips and stuff is twitter and the official forums.

This is true you need to go to the Offical NCAA 14 forum over at EASPORTS. You have to understand that OS FORUMS is not the only community for gamers.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
It's called an addiction! Half the country is foaming at the mouth for football season to start. Why do Cleveland Browns fans sell out almost every game when the product that they're paying for brings them such constant frustration?!
Once again thank you for adding to my point. Addiction is never a good thing. Do I blame the supplier if I'm addicted to a certain product? There is cause and effect true, but nobody is forcing me to do anything I don't chose to do.

I love football just as much as the next person and it's not even my favorite sport. My favorite sport is Formula One, I love it, but I have not bought the officially licensed game put out by Codemasters for the past two years because I don't think it is a good representation of the sport I love.

So I stand by my statement; Buying a product that brings constant frustration is not justified by love or addiction, but that's my own opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »