Home

Where are all the Gamechangers at?

This is a discussion on Where are all the Gamechangers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #41
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Where are all the Gamechangers at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
As much as I would love to believe we get heard, I just don't believe it. We wouldn't have legacy issues if we were heard. Quite frank, I could pop in the NCAA with Joey Harrington on the cover and hear the same commentary now as I heard then minus corso. There was a former madden dev who ranted that EA always has their own agenda and 99% of the they throw out the ideas of community and often their own devs. The problem lies in the leadership.
Being heard doesn't mean they're going to do what you want. The Gamechangers (ironically, considering the thread topic) have stated in the Madden thread that the devs always want to do more but their superiors tell them to cater to the "fun" factor or casual crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Game Changers is nothing more than a marketing ploy to make fans feel like they actually are listening to what we want, that they actually care, but its just the dangling of the carrot in front of our face. When in reality EA is going to do what the heck they want, especially with no competition.
Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I don't agree with extreme all-or-nothing arguments or conspiracies. EA has benefited from the GCs but they are limited because of the inidividuals calling the shots with the bottom line in mind. The concept of GCs has made a difference and yes it is a marketing tactic or PR benefit. I really don't think the GCs are the "problem" or reason we don't get the game we want, and they're not just a front while EA pulls levers behind a curtain while bellowing out villainous laughs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #42
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

All about choices man. If you chose to buy it then make the most of it. You knew what you were getting into. If you chose not to buy then great too. But it ain't life or death...it's video games. If I chose to purchase this game(which I did with trade on's and power ups) then I'm a get my money's worth. People should look at this last installment of NCAA 14 like a souled up used car bought as is...don't get mad if the AC ain't working right and it's leaking oil.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #43

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I pretty much feel the same way as khelis. My issue with the gamechangers has always been they come and tell us how the game is much improved. Things are looking up. We get the game and its just not this good game they made it out to be, then we dont see them until marketing time for the next iteration. Just speaking the truth. I cant remember one year where gamechangers didnt come telling us how much the game improved. Atleast for as long as ive followed this stuff. Then we tend to get this excuse from them that all they do is relay info. When you get early exclusive access, free copies, sitting right next to the devs checking it out yea its always a good game. And this was not meant to be an attack.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 8

I have been on EA's forums last year complaining about the very things that are being complained about this year. I.e., passing accuracy, open pass coverage, broken sliders, etc. They should be aware of these issues because it's been pointed out in the forums, yet it is not fixed. This leads me to believe they can't fix it. Another issue is the further the current generation progresses the more variables there are for us to figure out: Sliders, penalty sliders, thresholds, different game levels, and now you can make offensive play on Heisman and defense play on freshman if you wanted to. And EA never explains in detail what all these things do. We have to spend months trying to figure it out. Every year I test this game until the new year comes around and then I play a handful of seasons before the next years' version comes around. But, shame on me for continuing to buy this game. I didn't get 12 or 13 figured out, ended up trading in 13 for $20.00. I have been playing football games since the late 80's early 90's and now have a family and don't have time to sit around and tests these games out. They should be right when they come out of the box. We shouldn't have to wait for patches to fix this game, which most of the time they don't fix the major issues and I suspect this year will be no different. The old days, on the ps2, I would play multiple seasons and have a blast. Haven't had that much fun since 2007-08. Unacceptable in my opinion. EA needs to cater to the hardcore fans like myself to deliver undisputedly the best product ever. They still have time, make it right and do the right thing.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 4

A lot of people on youtube hate the gamechangers. They are seen as gamers that have been bought off and turned into yes men.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
A lot of people on youtube hate the gamechangers. They are seen as gamers that have been bought off and turned into yes men.
That's unfortunate because I can imagine at one point they are like us - except now they have something to lose in terms of recognition, etc for EA Sports in general. It's a Catch 22 it seems. On one hand you want to make a difference, but on the other side you can't be critical of the product.

This is why it's tough for everyone else because we can't necessarily change the game - but whatever attempts we make in terms of constructive criticism via video evidence, etc - it has a chance of falling upon deaf ears. For example look at the DB glitch from last July, the one I started - it's still active but issues haven't been fixed. Over 200+ votes in that Poll - and almost 40k views.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-glitch-i.html
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #47
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That's unfortunate because I can imagine at one point they are like us - except now they have something to lose in terms of recognition, etc for EA Sports in general. It's a Catch 22 it seems. On one hand you want to make a difference, but on the other side you can't be critical of the product.

This is why it's tough for everyone else because we can't necessarily change the game - but whatever attempts we make in terms of constructive criticism via video evidence, etc - it has a chance of falling upon deaf ears. For example look at the DB glitch from last July, the one I started - it's still active but issues haven't been fixed. Over 200+ votes in that Poll - and almost 40k views.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-glitch-i.html

Which is why cats like GMSS do not need to go work for EA.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Which is why cats like GMSS do not need to go work for EA.
I absolutely second this 100%. Have been saying it for a while! Get your butt over there too, THP!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »