Home

Edit all run blocking to 65 and it will save your game!!

This is a discussion on Edit all run blocking to 65 and it will save your game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
No, because I don't play on default.

I don't need to edit every single lineman I have to make the game play realistically.

I don't need to try it, because I don't have that problem.
What's ur sliders look like then I have tried every set and run d is ridiculous.. An pass d as well..
Old 07-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Edit all run blocking to 65 and it will save your game!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
No guys, it's the idea we had in the OS Community sliders. If you are an offline user - reducing the RBK "Run Block" rating in your offensive linemen to between 55-65 will greatly improve the OL/DL interaction on the run game.

It's not making them worse if you think about it. It's making it less morphing - like so:

To be fair, lets break this play down like a coach would:
1) LBs have too much depth at 5+ yards
2)We have double teams across the board up front, and our LBs arent in a position to fill their gaps (note that the DL does their job in a 3 front scheme by eating up blocks from the OL, freeing the LBs up... not that it matters, because theyre too deep from the start).
3) Our backside lineback gets up field instead of closing down the backside for contain. Thats right where the play ends up... its not a frontside D issue--its backside.
4) Neither ILB attacks the line of scrimmage at any time during this example. Thats just poor form and not worthy of a DI scholly.
5) The DL actually does a very good job setting the line against the double teams. Less than a yard of retreat, which is acceptable in a double team situation. In actuality we want to gain ground not give it, but if worst case is a yard loss at the LOS, it is acceptable.

So in reading the above, is the OL still the issue? Or does the defense just have fundamental coaching (programming) issues?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 14

I miss the days when you just put the game in and it played well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #36
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse7070
To be fair, lets break this play down like a coach would:
1) LBs have too much depth at 5+ yards
2)We have double teams across the board up front, and our LBs arent in a position to fill their gaps (note that the DL does their job in a 3 front scheme by eating up blocks from the OL, freeing the LBs up... not that it matters, because theyre too deep from the start).
3) Our backside lineback gets up field instead of closing down the backside for contain. Thats right where the play ends up... its not a frontside D issue--its backside.
4) Neither ILB attacks the line of scrimmage at any time during this example. Thats just poor form and not worthy of a DI scholly.
5) The DL actually does a very good job setting the line against the double teams. Less than a yard of retreat, which is acceptable in a double team situation. In actuality we want to gain ground not give it, but if worst case is a yard loss at the LOS, it is acceptable.

So in reading the above, is the OL still the issue? Or does the defense just have fundamental coaching (programming) issues?
My "soap box" issue for EA football games is Read-and-React defense not being programmed into the play.

In real life, every player on defense has keys that they read and react to several times throughout a play. Their ratings determine how well they do this (or at least it should in a game). This is the only way to get the defense to "think" or "behave" organically as much like their real-world counterparts.

Instead, we got "read and react" from EA a few years ago which was nerfed down to only apply to the DB in coverage when the ball is in the air. It's such a bastardized and insulting jab to try and pass off a 1% portion as the whole deal.

If football games would implement true read-and-react programming logic it would revolutionize football video games. Offense is already in a good place. The players go where they should, that's a simple concept to program. Now if they could just program the defenders to react to the movements and decisions of the offensive players, then we'd have an amazing start to a football video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »