Home

Recruits Decommitting

This is a discussion on Recruits Decommitting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #49
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruits Decommitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
If I'm 1,500-3,000 points outside of getting someone, get "locked out" and two weeks later he's "unlocked" and I'm 15 points outside of landing him, there's no other explanation.
None of that means he actually committed. Do you know if the team who had him number 1 dropped him from their board?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #50
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:
It could be, and it's just not showing up as a "decommit". It doesn't have to popup and say "Hey, this guy decommitted and you're back in the running" for us to assume what it means whenever he opens you back up and the field is leveled.

He reopened his commitment.

People try and look to hard for this game to have glitches and bugs and refuse to believe something like that can happen.
You seem to be conflating the act of a recruit locking someone out with making a commitment to a school. The two are fundamentally different in this game.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #51
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
It could be, and it's just not showing up as a "decommit". It doesn't have to popup and say "Hey, this guy decommitted and you're back in the running" for us to assume what it means whenever he opens you back up and the field is leveled.

He reopened his commitment.

People try and look to hard for this game to have glitches and bugs and refuse to believe something like that can happen.
The second he is committed on the game, you are no longer able to see how many points you are behind. You would know if he were committed and he wasnt if you were able to see the team interest screen and it showed you 1,300 or how many ever points you were behind. Im not looking for a bug, Im looking for clarification about decommittments and what you are describing isnt a decommittment because he was never committed anywhere.....thats all Im saying.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #52
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
You seem to be conflating the act of a recruit locking someone out with making a commitment to a school. The two are fundamentally different in this game.
Oh, I didn't realize they were two completely different things. /sarcasm

I know that whenever you get locked out, the recruit is still open in the recruiting process, he's just not interested in you.

If a recruit locks me out because the week before I was -1,500 points and than he comes back and I'm -15 points.. that's not just "unlocking" a recruit. Something obviously happened where he reopened (uncommited) his recruiting.

EA just needs to bring back soft commits and we wouldn't even be having this argument.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #53
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:

I know that whenever you get locked out, the recruit is still open in the recruiting process, he's just not interested in you.

If a recruit locks me out because the week before I was -1,500 points and than he comes back and I'm -15 points.. that's not just "unlocking" a recruit. Something obviously happened where he reopened (uncommited) his recruiting.

EA just needs to bring back soft commits and we wouldn't even be having this argument.
Your condescending tone is rich when you're so firmly wrong. "Reopening" his recruitment as to specific schools is not the same thing as de-committing from one school. That you are continuing to suggest this is bizarre. And as to your sudden point change, I asked you earlier if his previous number 1 school dropped him from their board. I have seen the CPU do this before and it results in a massive point change for everyone still on his top schools list.

Stop being so defensive.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #54
AIRBHG owns your soul!

McNutted's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Lock out recruiting assistance set to on........ Auto unlocks "LOCKED" recruits as long as the guidelines are met.

And when you use the unlock coaching skill, you can go from 1000-2000 points behind to less than just a few.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #55
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Your condescending tone is rich when you're so firmly wrong. "Reopening" his recruitment as to specific schools is not the same thing as de-committing from one school. That you are continuing to suggest this is bizarre. And as to your sudden point change, I asked you earlier if his previous number 1 school dropped him from their board. I have seen the CPU do this before and it results in a massive point change for everyone still on his top schools list.

Stop being so defensive.
To further simplify what you are trying to tell him.

When a recruit locks you out...........that does not mean that he commited to another school. Therefore.........when a recruit unlocks you, he did not decommit from a school.
You will know if a recruit commits to another school because........first you will get a message telling you and then when you go to your recruiting board their will be a logo of the team he commied to next to his name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #56
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

Obviously trolling at this point if you are going to keep arguing. We aren't dealing with hypotheticals here. He was committed to Georgia and then decommitted. He was not locked out with the padlock symbol. He had UGA's logo beside his name and was committed. This is the only commitment in the game.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »