Home

So Heisman slows my guys down..?

This is a discussion on So Heisman slows my guys down..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So Heisman slows my guys down..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
No challenge on varsity, I was using matt10 sliders and it just too easy using a varsity based slider. I only Heisman both ways. The speed slow down hasn't occurred and I don't think thats real bug the awareness of the QB picks up dramatically.
Thats the problem. Varisty I score like 100 points but Heisman FCS teams give me fits. 65 rated hb's are plowing over my Dline like Herschel walker. Doesnt make any sense

Gonna give AA a try tonight and see if its more realistic but still a viable challenge.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I wouldn't' knock varsity if you're after a sim experience. Our most recent change plus coaching aggression for offense is helping significantly. They are not "varsity based"; they are simulation based, by going against a Varsity defense in the CPU, then defending against a Heisman level offense in the CPU.

You want to play higher levels, you will see the DB glitch affect your game. On AA and Heisman it occurs to the CPU AND your players. Yes you can make it harder by lowering pass block so you can't see the glitch - but how is that realistic?

At the end of the day it's about how you want to play the game. Stop judging sliders on paper - and try them for what they are. 95 Threshold has not only kept defense tighter, it's allowed separation just fine.

I just felt the need to comment because I see a lot of frustration out there and our goal, at least most of us, is to play in a simulation approach with this game. If I could play AA or Heisman; I absolutely would. But it depends on just what you're looking for in the game.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #35
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I wouldn't' knock varsity if you're after a sim experience. Our most recent change plus coaching aggression for offense is helping significantly. They are not "varsity based"; they are simulation based, by going against a Varsity defense in the CPU, then defending against a Heisman level offense in the CPU.

You want to play higher levels, you will see the DB glitch affect your game. On AA and Heisman it occurs to the CPU AND your players. Yes you can make it harder by lowering pass block so you can't see the glitch - but how is that realistic?

At the end of the day it's about how you want to play the game. Stop judging sliders on paper - and try them for what they are. 95 Threshold has not only kept defense tighter, it's allowed separation just fine.

I just felt the need to comment because I see a lot of frustration out there and our goal, at least most of us, is to play in a simulation approach with this game. If I could play AA or Heisman; I absolutely would. But it depends on just what you're looking for in the game.

There is no sim on this game. I tried y'all sliders, I think we talked before about why y'all have to fix EA problems. I am a sim player and I just can't get a good game to save my life, soon as I 21 them I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
There is no sim on this game. I tried y'all sliders, I think we talked before about why y'all have to fix EA problems. I am a sim player and I just can't get a good game to save my life, soon as I 21 them I'm done.
I do see problems, some are fixable - some aren't. I think we've made the game playable - that's the goal. You've seen my twitch/videos; so it's definitely more enjoyable than default and online.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #37
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarre85
95 threshold is a flame. Why would anyone want Manziel to only be slightly faster than a 250 lb DE?

Gator, can you get a difficult challenge on Varsity? Also why play Heisman on D? Doesn't than mean your guys still have the DB glitch and also have reduced ratings due to Heisman?

BTW I guess I've never seen DB glitch.. You mean when DB keeps back peddling? This doesn't happen everytime for me, so it doesn't seem like a glitch.

I totally agree with the speed threshold I actually dropped mine to 35 speed threshhold because I actually witnessed myself intercept a ball on a screen at the opponents 10 yard line and the player that caught me was the 6'6 314 pound RT that ran my CB (97 speed) down after about 40 yards running down the sideline and after the play I looked at his skills he had 62 on speed BTW this occured on Heisman diff. I promise you speed is effected by difficulty level as well as speed threshold
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #38
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I9I PROPHET I9I
I totally agree with the speed threshold I actually dropped mine to 35 speed threshhold because I actually witnessed myself intercept a ball on a screen at the opponents 10 yard line and the player that caught me was the 6'6 314 pound RT that ran my CB (97 speed) down after about 40 yards running down the sideline and after the play I looked at his skills he had 62 on speed BTW this occured on Heisman diff. I promise you speed is effected by difficulty level as well as speed threshold
What is this threshold that you guys are talking about? Where can I find this? Is this a player rating or a slider

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »