Home

Why is nobody talking about the custom sleeve bug?

This is a discussion on Why is nobody talking about the custom sleeve bug? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
Why is nobody talking about the custom sleeve bug?

Given the amount uniform-obsessed posters we have here I'm surprised nobody is pointing out the sleeve glitch in NCAA 14.

It appears that for teams with custom sleeves, EVERY SINGLE STARTER is locked into wearing a top 1/2 sleeve. You can alternate between that or the 1/2 custom sleeve,but you CANNOT remove the sleeve or wear a different kind of sleeve.

I can confirm this affects at least the following teams: Ohio State, FSU, Texas A&M, Texas, Cal and Louisville.

So if you are using any of those teams and want to give a guy a white sleeve, a full sleeve, a bottom 1/2 sleeve or go sleeveless, you're S.O.L.

I know people who don't care about uniforms will brush it off, but this is a HUGE deal to me. About halfway through the first quarter of my first game in my Cal dynasty, I noticed EVERYONE wearing the top 1/2 team color sleeve and thought it just looked ridiculous.

EA needs to fix this. ASAP.

Last edited by Jim Jones; 07-28-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why is nobody talking about the sleeve glitch?

I don't know why anybody is talking about it, does it qualify as a glitch?
Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Rookie

RunRickyRun34x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is nobody talking about the custom sleeve bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Given the amount uniform-obsessed posters we have here I'm surprised nobody is pointing out the sleeve glitch in NCAA 14.

It appears that for teams with custom sleeves, EVERY SINGLE STARTER is locked into wearing a top 1/2 sleeve. You can alternate between that or the 1/2 custom sleeve,but you CANNOT remove the sleeve or wear a different kind of sleeve.

I can confirm this affects at least the following teams: Ohio State, FSU, Texas A&M, Texas, Cal and Louisville.

So if you are using any of those teams and want to give a guy a white sleeve, a full sleeve, a bottom 1/2 sleeve or go sleeveless, you're S.O.L.

I know people who don't care about uniforms will brush it off, but this is a HUGE deal to me. About halfway through the first quarter of my first game in my Cal dynasty, I noticed EVERYONE wearing the top 1/2 team color sleeve and thought it just looked ridiculous.

Holy crap! I thought it was just me!!

Glad you mentioned it. Was talking to my bro on the phone tonight and he said it was probably b/c a lot of schools were making the 1/2 sleeve-under garments a part of the uniform. Now I could see that for Adidas schools but I knew something was definitely off when Ohio State was jacked up.

This needs to be fixed as it is very, very annoying.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones

It was fixed for Tennessee.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I think that it is an issue for all the teams that have those "base layer" sleeves whether its Under Armour Nike or Adidas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

RunRickyRun34x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
I think that it is an issue for all the teams that have those "base layer" sleeves whether its Under Armour Nike or Adidas.
This could be true; however, why is every player stuck on "tight" sleeves? Those schools using the base layers as part of the uniform...not all players wear lineman-style sleeves.

And I still think its a bug b/c Ohio State and Michigan State are Nike Schools that, (as far as I know), don't have a mandatory base layer but are a product of this editing glitch.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun34x
This could be true; however, why is every player stuck on "tight" sleeves? Those schools using the base layers as part of the uniform...not all players wear lineman-style sleeves.

And I still think its a bug b/c Ohio State and Michigan State are Nike Schools that, (as far as I know), don't have a mandatory base layer but are a product of this editing glitch.
I know Ohio State has their base layer in game on the home jerseys. This whole base layer thing confuses me a little. Some are only tied to a particular jersey i.e Florida State home jerseys , WVUs gray ones etc.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the main reason nobody is worried about it is that there are actual game play issues that people would rather see fixed. The game can have perfectly accurate equipment and uniforms but if it plays like s#*t it doesn't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »