Home

Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

This is a discussion on Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

Just had another, I've always had a problem this year with Fresno State no matter who I use right, so in my Nevada Dynasty I schedule a midseason game with them at home. As usual I destroy them for the first 3 quarters than as expected their defense just starts laying the wood left and right and turnover city. So after a safety lays out a sophomore on my second team squad and puts him out for the year I raged and subbed in my first team offense for revenge. First play I run option and I didn't pitch so my QB gets blown up but not injured but the fact he took that hit makes me even angrier and more determined to option them to death for a TD, so next play the DE goes after the RB so I keep but a LB lays out my QB and now he's done for a few weeks. Filled to the brink with rage I throw a Hail Mary( was either a HM or just some 4 verts esque route Im too angry to remember atm
)with my back up and my star WR( I call him Steve Smith JR.) goes for the catch and takes one of the funniest looking hits I've ever seen and he suffers a concussion causing me to fling my controller and curse Fresno State to damnation. I still won something like 50-17 but it didnt matter to me haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just last my dynasty opener to north westers, I'm California. I lost because of dumb mistakes and some bad luck. At the end of the first half I had ball with a minute to go so i shot hail Mary's, and they do a pick 6. I get the ball back off a kick return after the touch down, I have the ball with maybe 20 seconds, I do a short pass, my guy catches it and fumbles it! The computer then runs for a td. That's 14 points I gave up. I ended up losing 38-37 in over time, we both scored 2 touch downs in over time I just missed the one point field goal at the end. It was a really windy and rainy game.

Anyone have similar experience lol
Old 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #67
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1

I really enjoyed reading these, anyone else have one??

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Old 09-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #68

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

I was playing in a tournament with my three friends yesterday.
It was absolutely crazy, great games and super fun. I was LSU, friends were Bama, Florida and Oregon.

So, I won my first game against Bama 38-21, a cakewalk. Second game was decided by a field goal but I somehow got the win, 17-14 over Florida.

The final game was against Oregon, who was 2-0 as well. I open the game with a nice 70 yard drive, capped off by a 3 yd TD on a Mettenberger scramble. He answers right back, Mariota absolutely punished me. We trade blows for the next 3 quarters and it's all tied at 31 with 4:05 to go in the game. I decide it's the best to run the ball and score a FG with the clock expiring if it's possible. First few plays were as expected, 4-5 yard gains, all nice and smooth. Then, it gets a bit trickier. His defense is all of a sudden great and I can't move the ball as well as before. In the end I have to settle for a 40 yd FG with 1:01 remaining. He gets the ball and starts his (hopefully not) game winning drive. With 20 seconds on the clock, Mariota throws a bomb and Craig Loston intercepts it at my 11 yard line. I WON THE GAME!!! Or did I? I kneel the ball, he calls a timeout. I kneel again, he calls his last timeout. With 5 seconds remaining, I accidentally select HB dive and don't even notice it. I press X to kneel and all of a sudden my RB starts running, GETS DESTROYED, fumbles the football, they recover it and run it in for the game winning TD.

At the end it's 37-34 and I ABSOLUTELY HATE MYSELF.

Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »