Home

Highest Overall Rated Prospects You've seen

This is a discussion on Highest Overall Rated Prospects You've seen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Highest Overall Rated Prospects You've seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
Level 53 Saban lol yea 100 scouted but kickers are the only ones I have seen that high other than my gem MLB was a 4 star
I was more asking if you scouted them.

And I didn't think about Gems causing them to raise higher.
I only tested with 20 or so the other day. But in all my regular recruiting 81 has been the max I have seen personally. But I have never been with a 6* program. I wonder if your coach/program can affect them when scouting, to raise their ratings/potential?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Kinda dumb though if that's the max. Every once in a great while there should be up to a 85 for those once in a lifetime players
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Kinda dumb though if that's the max. Every once in a great while there should be up to a 85 for those once in a lifetime players
I agree with this completely. On NCAA 09 for PS2 there used to be some recruits who would be as high as 88-90 overall, instant program changers.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

I always scout. especially with the new recruiting. Can't afford to waste more than 50 points if the guy is a bum. My brother on the other hand never scouts.

Seems like once in a while they create an 83 overall player that is not a kicker or punter lol.

Part 2: Does anyone else feel like that too low? I'm not saying every 5* should be a 85 overall. But it would be nice to get some bigtime program changers coming along every few years.

2 Recent Guys that I would have given at least an 85 rating to as freshman
Sammy Watkins
Marcus Lattimore

***2 post higher beat me to it. With the cap at 81. I have no problem avoiding a recruiting battle to land a 77/78 overall instead. But if that prospect was 85/86 ovr then to settle for a 77/78 could be a huge mistake.

Last edited by dghustla; 07-30-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I kinda like the cap. Because an 81 ovr will be close to 90, or in the low 90's as a junior, or possibly up to 95 with a redshirt. So those guys will always be close to if not 99 as seniors. (figuring on +4/+5 each season)

And if you are a small to mid major program an 81 recruit in my eyes is a program changer. Because he will be starting as a freshman.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #22
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I kinda like the cap. Because an 81 ovr will be close to 90, or in the low 90's as a junior, or possibly up to 95 with a redshirt. So those guys will always be close to if not 99 as seniors. (figuring on +4/+5 each season)

And if you are a small to mid major program an 81 recruit in my eyes is a program changer. Because he will be starting as a freshman.
Ya don't get me wrong i like that they limit how many high rates recruits there are but it would be cool like I said to get a Percy Harvin type freshmen everyone in a great while.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Ya don't get me wrong i like that they limit how many high rates recruits there are but it would be cool like I said to get a Percy Harvin type freshmen everyone in a great while.
I get a bunch of fast WRs like that. In fact, I just picked up an 81 OVR freshman WR with 97 speed. I'd say that's a Percy Harvin type. How high would you have rated Harvin as a freshman?

I think even EA only gave a freshman Bo Jackson an 85
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I get a bunch of fast WRs like that. In fact, I just picked up an 81 OVR freshman WR with 97 speed. I'd say that's a Percy Harvin type. How high would you have rated Harvin as a freshman?

I think even EA only gave a freshman Bo Jackson an 85
Would you have given Adrian Peterson an 85 ovr as a freshman? He was absolutely dominant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »