Home

I wish EA would allow extensive highlight reels...

This is a discussion on I wish EA would allow extensive highlight reels... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
I wish EA would allow extensive highlight reels...

I do video production for a living and recently showed this video to the Sic'em Sports Director at Baylor as what they should reach for. This is by far the best college highlight reel I have ever seen.

I wish EA would allow us to edit long form reels to highlight our NCAA game seasons OR even produce one themselves ingame to show at the end of each season.

NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Re: I wish EA would allow extensive highlight reels...

Their highlight reels are pretty bad, whether they be the replay packages or the ones we can save ourselves. Hopefully for next gen they can get a new group of people working on them.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Pro

thbends's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Their highlight reels are pretty bad, whether they be the replay packages or the ones we can save ourselves. Hopefully for next gen they can get a new group of people working on them.
That's a good point. Maybe next gen. Any kind of retrospective video would be cool. I remember the generic Tecmo Bowl ending seemed so cool when I was a kid. It couldn't get more generic but it was cool to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZ7gwQPMM4

Even the NHL series allows you to edit a highlight from different angles. Throw in some cool filters that are easy to use like crushed blacks and blown out whites. Speed ramping. Man it would be SWEET. Didn't NBA 2K allow extensive highlight editing at one point? So it is possible.

It would be nice even if they took all the highlights you saved yourself and produced a video with some cool effects added and maybe a couple of stills thrown in. Generic shots of closeups of your players. That couldn't be too hard to do.

Obviously the Oregon video I linked too was created by a huge team of photographers armed with great cameras so that is the roof but at least reach in that direction. I told my buddy with Baylor to set the bar HIGH and show that highlight every week until his people are tired of seeing it. Only at that point will it be burned in to their brains.

EA could reach for that. Add some cool music and effects. It wouldn't take much to raise the level of their highlights.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

Last edited by thbends; 07-31-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
That's a good point. Maybe next gen. Any kind of retrospective video would be cool. I remember the generic Tecmo Bowl ending seemed so cool when I was a kid. It couldn't get more generic but it was cool to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZ7gwQPMM4
Yeah it would be pretty awesome to have any kind of retrospect video with key clips from the season. Would help make each season more unique.

It's worth noting that both the Xbone and PS4 records gameplay that can be uploaded. Makes it easier for people if they would like to create some type of highlight reel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »