Home

Irregular depth chart moves you've made

This is a discussion on Irregular depth chart moves you've made within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Irregular depth chart moves you've made

Have you made any moves that could be considered strange but worked out? Maybe a position change or starting someone with a significantly lower overall (more than 5 difference?).

In my game, I have a MLB that's only a 63 overall but watching him play, he's in on every play, so I let him start and he ended up a finalist for the Bednarik award, the only player under an 80 overall in the group. And this is with the computer handling him as I'm playing coach mode and just calling plays.

Any similar stories or position switches that worked?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Moved a 1 star SS to Wildcat QB because of his speed and was virtually unstoppable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Irregular depth chart moves you've made

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalPhenom
Have you made any moves that could be considered strange but worked out? Maybe a position change or starting someone with a significantly lower overall (more than 5 difference?).

In my game, I have a MLB that's only a 63 overall but watching him play, he's in on every play, so I let him start and he ended up a finalist for the Bednarik award, the only player under an 80 overall in the group. And this is with the computer handling him as I'm playing coach mode and just calling plays.

Any similar stories or position switches that worked?
What attributes is he high in that impact his ability for gameplay? I'm guessing he has high speed, agil, acc? I'm pretty sure you could focus on specific attributes and ignore others if you aren't simming, and still get solid production because only a few ratings actually "matter".
Old 07-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Thats not irregular thats just cheese.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The back up free safety for the Florida Gators has a 92 for MCV. I start him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

During my 1st year at UTSA as the OC I benched my senior starting QB and pulled the red shirt from a freshman QB who had 79thp, 77tha, 84spd, 87acc but was a 65ovr. I went from a 1-5 team to a 8-6 team with a C-USA title, he didn't play because I got him hurt in the last game of the regular season. The guy didn't put up huge numbers 300 total yards per game but he gave my offense a new dimension.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Rookie

MaxVPower's Arena

OVR: 0

I signed a 78 overall athlete after my first season at Boston College hoping to utilize my created playbook of spread options and quick passes. I put this ATH at QB, because of his 88 speed and 87 accel, which is much better than the supposed "starter's" speed and acceleration. My 2nd year, the returning QB was an 89 overall with 89 THP & 84 THA, while the ATH had 87 THP & 77 THA. I'm currently 7-1 with a 78 OVR starting over an 89 OVR, averaging 295 total rushing yards a game in 5 min quarters on Heisman, including a victory over a "user".

My only loss was against Pittsburgh, which was my own dang fault for trying to throw the ball too much.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

I've done this in the past with players I just have a better "feel" with. For instance, if I prefer my back up or 3rd string RB to my starter, I'll try and throw some more carries his way, or even move him up on the depth chart. Depending on the offense I run, I will go with more of an all around back as my starter, even if he is slower than the higher rated, quicker back up. I just prefer the speedier back to come into the game after I've softened up the defense a bit.

I've done this with other positions too, like DE's, DT's, and pass rushing OLB's. I tend to run a ton of man coverage with blitzing LB's, so I'll roll with the player with higher SPD, ACC, AGI ratings. Same can be said about my CB's. I prefer guys with better man coverage ratings, as oppose to zone coverage corner's.

I tend to ignore OVR's, and use the guys that fit my system, even if that means bumping down a 95 overall rated player for a 76 overall rated one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »