Home

Players preval over EA, NCAA and CLC in player likeness suit

This is a discussion on Players preval over EA, NCAA and CLC in player likeness suit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Players preval over EA, NCAA and CLC in player likeness suit

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/31/457...wsuit-decision

Quote:
In a 2-1 decision, a panel of judges in the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court's decision to deny EA a motion to strike the athletes' complaint as a strategic lawsuit against public participation. Sam Keller, who played quarterback at Arizona State University and the University of Nebraska, had filed a lawsuit objecting to EA's use of his likeness in the company's NCAA Football series of video games.

"EA's use does not qualify for First Amendment protection as a matter of law because it literally recreates Keller in the very setting in which he has achieved renown," said the judges in the majority opinion.
Edit: bah, I misread something, and thought this was the case entirely being determined.

I think he did too, and his source is the court pdf itself: https://twitter.com/SamitSarkar/stat...53264971436033

Oh well, file it under 'headlines from the future' I suppose.

Edit: Confused reporter has updated his article and incorrect headline.

Last edited by mestevo; 07-31-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »