Home

Recruit question...JUCO?

This is a discussion on Recruit question...JUCO? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Recruit question...JUCO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
It will say JUCO (SO) or JUCO (JR) beside their names.
what screen are you looking at? When I look at my recruiting board it simply says JUCO just above the left ear of the recruit. No indication of SO or JR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #26
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
yeah I love to go after them late in the process. I fill the gaps with some guys who although they may be a short term fix, they can still be some of your best players. I got a JUCO 3 star who was a gem, 76 WR, redshirted him, by his senior year he was an 89. at the time I was with a school where an 89 was a HUGE deal at WR, he lit the sun belt up.

I used to never recruit them, but the change in system makes them more desirable if you were to miss out on your top recruits around weeks 9-11
This sums it up perfectly. JUCO's are older, by definition, so it's almost like getting a upperclassman without having to wait. Wide receiver is one position where this can really pay off. You may regularly use 3-5 wide receivers in a spread formation. It's pretty tough to keep that stocked with 5 guys that can reliably catch the ball, even in some good programs.

The fact that you can so fully learn about a player's traits makes this less of a risk. If he's already a mid-70's in catch rating, that's a guy that could play immediately, or maybe after one year of redshirt. In that situation, it doesn't matter that you don't get all 4 years of his eligibility, because you don't need to "wait" for him to develop critical skills.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
what screen are you looking at? When I look at my recruiting board it simply says JUCO just above the left ear of the recruit. No indication of SO or JR.
Working from memory, its in one of the player tabs (Scouting/Visits etc). Its up top near their measurements etc. Pretty sure I've been able to scan for this while hunting for recruits late in the year too.

There really shouldn't be junior college freshmen transfers. I've never seen one in the game. They go there to play not redshirt. If they are injured and have to redshirt then they likely aren't getting a D1 offer after their RS FR year. Many schools require JuCo recruits to complete associates degrees too. Thus they need two years to get that done and can't be any younger than a sophomore.

Realistically, there should be some amazing JuCo's because top kids don't always qualify. FSU, Bama et all pull in 5 star JuCo's almost every year. I'm happy with their impact though because NCAA is still working out the distribution of recruits and I'd rather keep it too few in number than too many.

It would also be an interesting piece to add to a coach's profile and recruit's profile. A coach who brings in a bunch of JuCo's could turn off recruits and attract others.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #28
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I love JUCO's when building a team up. They aren't recruited heavily and can make instant impacts while I recruit depth. Seems like they are almost always gems as well.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezuma
Working from memory, its in one of the player tabs (Scouting/Visits etc). Its up top near their measurements etc. Pretty sure I've been able to scan for this while hunting for recruits late in the year too.

There really shouldn't be junior college freshmen transfers. I've never seen one in the game. They go there to play not redshirt. If they are injured and have to redshirt then they likely aren't getting a D1 offer after their RS FR year. Many schools require JuCo recruits to complete associates degrees too. Thus they need two years to get that done and can't be any younger than a sophomore.

Realistically, there should be some amazing JuCo's because top kids don't always qualify. FSU, Bama et all pull in 5 star JuCo's almost every year. I'm happy with their impact though because NCAA is still working out the distribution of recruits and I'd rather keep it too few in number than too many.

It would also be an interesting piece to add to a coach's profile and recruit's profile. A coach who brings in a bunch of JuCo's could turn off recruits and attract others.
I found it, it is in the search function. Once you put them on your board it just says JUCO.

I agree about no freshman JUCO players. I haven't heard of that happening and if it ever did it would be rare. Missouri had a running back named Damien Nash a few years ago who went to Coffeyville JC, redshirted his freshman season, tore a knee on the opening kickoff of the first game his second season. He was a sophomore when he got to Missouri despite playing only one play in JUCO. Under bad luck in the dictionary there should be a picture of Damien Nash, the poor guy couldn't catch a break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »