Home

CPU QB always scramble to the right.

This is a discussion on CPU QB always scramble to the right. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: CPU QB always scramble to the right.

Where they scramble to is dependent on two things: Which hand they throw with and where the pressure is coming from

1. If there's absolutely no pressure, their FIRST move is always to their throwing hand side (so if they're right handed then it's to the right and vice versa). Now I've tried to bait the computer and get a head start and they'd cut back on me and gain big yards (I'm really glad that EA made QBs more elusive in that regard as there's more risk to being aggressive like that).

2. If the pressure is coming then they try to scramble away from it regardless of which hand they are.

Since there are more right handed QBs, the LEs do tend to get more sacks in this game from my experience.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know, I've always wondered if EA had it set up where, by design, the REs (and right side in general) get more pressure since those DEs are usually the "rush" ends, while the LEs are better at defending the run. BUT, the game is reading the "RE" as the DE on the right side of the field from the OFFENSE'S perspective, instead of the DEFENSE'S. And since the game is set from the offense's perspective by default, it's causing the left side to generate more pressure.

I have nothing to support this though, except from the fact that the LE and left DT (number 1 DT) seem to generate more of a pass rush than the right side. Not sure if LOLBs get more sacks in a 3-4 than ROLBs, or if the right side is noticeably better at stopping the run than the left side (again, from the D's perspective lol). But maybe it's worth checking out?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #19
Rookie

Sometimes QBs throw the ball away immediately. Wouldn't raising intentional grounding to 100 makes this glitch more apparent?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Played a lot of games and never seen I happen.
And we are not talking roll out here.
I run a 3-4 defense and my what made me pay attention to this issue was because my LE AND LOLB are the worst players on my team but the are killing the sack records for the team and nation.
They both are weak in strength,block shedding,power moves.
LA DODGERS
Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #21
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Played against left handed qbs and it didn't matter.
Funny you would think EA would set up their A.I. to where qbs would scramble more towards their dominate hand. I don't think they would put detail in this game like that.
Yeah, that's too bad. I'll have to check it out, because I just played Toledo the other day (they have a left handed QB) and I didn't notice him going to the right.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Yeah, that's too bad. I'll have to check it out, because I just played Toledo the other day (they have a left handed QB) and I didn't notice him going to the right.
I will play against them today and take a pic of my stats
LA DODGERS
Old 08-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
It's at the point where I have to try to stop myself from breaking records every week. It's cheapened when it's so easy to do game in and game out, year in and year out.
Someone needs to do some slider adjustments.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Haha my LDE always gets a ton of sacks too. I never noticed why it was but it makes sense. The scrambles do always go to the right.

I'm going to move Mario Edwards to the other side now.
Same here. My OVR72 LDE has won the Nagurski two years in a row and broke all sorts of records because of this. I really wish these counted as tackles for loss rather than sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »