Home

The Wheel of destiny: Injury simulator

This is a discussion on The Wheel of destiny: Injury simulator within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #17
Rookie

GoBeavers's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Wheel of destiny: Injury simulator

Okay I was tinkering with this last night and came up with a potential problem, say I'm playing a game and I get an injury during the game, how do I handle this situation?

Should I turn injuries off before playing a game and just rely on the random number generator? Or should I just add the injury on top of the generated ones?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #18
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

lol. People. There's not guidelines to the thing. Use it as much or as little as you feel fit. People asking questions like it's a technical issue that needs to be handled precisely to get it to work...
Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
lol. People. There's not guidelines to the thing. Use it as much or as little as you feel fit. People asking questions like it's a technical issue that needs to be handled precisely to get it to work...
This.

I spin the wheel every week, if you want to spin the wheel twice, go ahead. Once every two weeks, sure.

It's just something I've done to help keep my dynasty realistic because of a complete lack of injuries.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Well considering a chart is needed, a) it's quite technical.

B) nothing wrong with discussing ideas and asking questions to perhaps get the best, realistic use out if it. I thought this was a forum not a show and tell.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3

I really like this idea, but I feel like the odds for a season-ending injury and a career ending injury shouldn't be the same. Season-ending injuries happen more often than career-ending injuries, so I feel like season-ending should have a slightly bigger range.

Also, what do you guys recommend if the player who is already "injured" gets "rolled" again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdawg25
I really like this idea, but I feel like the odds for a season-ending injury and a career ending injury shouldn't be the same. Season-ending injuries happen more often than career-ending injuries, so I feel like season-ending should have a slightly bigger range.

Also, what do you guys recommend if the player who is already "injured" gets "rolled" again?
Fair point. But since I'm using 1 to 100, I can't have too many numbers assigned to heavy injuries. Maybe I can retool it though.

I upped the chance of a season ending injury by 1 to 4% and drew from the pool of higher length injuries

Last edited by Scrollbar; 08-02-2013 at 03:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »