Home

Wrapping up on tackles?

This is a discussion on Wrapping up on tackles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Wrapping up on tackles?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Am I crazy, or does the computer seem to break 2 or 3 tackles every time they have the ball? I usually tackle with X (360) and have conservative strip ball and big hits on. Even when they're catching the ball on a screen they seem to somehow bounce or spin off. Is there something I'm missing this year when it comes to tackling?

Any help is appreciated. Tired of hitting guys behind the line only for them to break a billion tackles!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Wrapping up on tackles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness

Am I crazy, or does the computer seem to break 2 or 3 tackles every time they have the ball? I usually tackle with X (360) and have conservative strip ball and big hits on. Even when they're catching the ball on a screen they seem to somehow bounce or spin off. Is there something I'm missing this year when it comes to tackling?

Any help is appreciated. Tired of hitting guys behind the line only for them to break a billion tackles!
I assume you're playing on Heisman.

I don't see it as an issue on anything of the lower difficulties, but on Heisman, you'll see running backs, receivers and even quarterbacks breaking 2 or 3 tackles a clip.

You rarely see gang tackles, which is a big issue IMO but that's a discussion for another time.. but I believe gang tackles would eliminate the issue. You get stuck in locked one-on-one tackles with everyone else running around you like an idiot because they can't get in on the tackle.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I assume you're playing on Heisman.

I don't see it as an issue on anything of the lower difficulties, but on Heisman, you'll see running backs, receivers and even quarterbacks breaking 2 or 3 tackles a clip.

You rarely see gang tackles, which is a big issue IMO but that's a discussion for another time.. but I believe gang tackles would eliminate the issue. You get stuck in locked one-on-one tackles with everyone else running around you like an idiot because they can't get in on the tackle.
Yeah, Heisman. I hate having a pocket passer sacked only to see him break two tackles and throw a bomb off his back foot or scramble for a first down.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

This happens on AA too, maybe not as bad but QBs break way too many tackles in the pocket. Every QB plays like Johnny Football. Except for Johnny himself, who plays like Jesus.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

It usually happens to me when the CPU gets an INT. It's like they HAVE to break at least 2 tackles before going down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

I have this same issue. it's just flat out dumb because I seem to get trucked every time. It's not like my guys are just not wrapping up, no matter the size of the ballcarrier. A 3'1, 65 pound back can easily demolish my 6'4 325 pound defensive lineman and then laugh in his face when he runs over top of him. makes no sense.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

I saw this issue more in 13 than I do this year. Try holding down X with when you tackle rather than just pressing it
Old 08-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness

I only have that happen when I hit stick (far too often).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »