Home

First ever NCAA football game and I need help...please!!!

This is a discussion on First ever NCAA football game and I need help...please!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
First ever NCAA football game and I need help...please!!!

Hello All,

Now I know im mostly going to get answers like "search the threads", but this is my first NCAA game ever so please bare with me. Instead of spending hours searching the threads for specific answers (trust me I have already spent an hour searching and have not found anything), I though I could pose my questions here and some of the more insightful members could help me.

My questions pertain to recruiting, and I thank anyone in advance who can help me.

1.) How do I schedule recruit visits?!?! I see no place to do this. I can offer scholarships, but I read in the reviews you could schedule all kinds of different visits for recruits.

2.) Coach phone calls? Are these in the game if so where?

3.) Is there a bust factor like in the madden drafts where a 5 or 4 star recruit might not pan out to theyre potential? When do we finally figure out what there true skill level is? Is there a way to more extensively scout players other then the recruiting page?

4.) Does it count to a players interest how high he is on your recruiting board I.E. 1-5 on the list and 10-15 on the list? If so how do you arrange position on your board?

Thanks guys. I am an avid Madden Player but have never picked up an NCAA game until now. Answers to these questions would be really helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Banned

Onyx Lion's Arena

Re: First ever NCAA football game and I need help...please!!!

1.) How do I schedule recruit visits?!?! I see no place to do this. I can offer scholarships, but I read in the reviews you could schedule all kinds of different visits for recruits.

To schedule visits, you must recruit a player and as his interest in your school rises eventually you will get a message saying a recruit is ready to visit and then you can schedule the visit.

Removed from this years game.

3.) Is there a bust factor like in the madden drafts where a 5 or 4 star recruit might not pan out to theyre potential? When do we finally figure out what there true skill level is? Is there a way to more extensively scout players other then the recruiting page?

Yes there are busts/hidden gems in the game. After you scout a highly rated recruit to 100% you might see a some XP pop up in the bottom corner and a message once you get back to main dynasty screen saying you have found a bust.

Likewise you might find after scouting a lower rated player to 100% his Overall jumps up by a decent margin and he will have a gem next to his name.

4.) Does it count to a players interest how high he is on your recruiting board I.E. 1-5 on the list and 10-15 on the list? If so how do you arrange position on your board?

I assume it does but I haven't spent enough time recruiting this year, so someone else may answer this better.

Hope this helped.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Everything that Onyx Lion said above was correct.

As far as what position a player is on your board affecting interest, I haven't seen this make a difference, as I have failed signing plenty of prospects who were #1 on my list, and I have signed many players that are ranked 20+ on my board as well. So, I don't think it matters but I could be wrong.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Banned

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the help!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy626
Hello All,

Now I know im mostly going to get answers like "search the threads", but this is my first NCAA game ever so please bare with me. Instead of spending hours searching the threads for specific answers (trust me I have already spent an hour searching and have not found anything), I though I could pose my questions here and some of the more insightful members could help me.

My questions pertain to recruiting, and I thank anyone in advance who can help me.

Put a recruit on your board and when he has enough interest in your school you can schedule a visit.

No. All that stuff has been replaced by a points system.

Yes, they can also go up in potential thus the reason for scouting.

Not positive but I don't think it matters. The points you assign and how your school matches up with his interests compared to other schools determine whether he signs with you or someone else.

Thanks guys. I am an avid Madden Player but have never picked up an NCAA game until now. Answers to these questions would be really helpful.
.................................................. ............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy626
I think R2/RT ...

oh and scheduling visits you scroll thru each recruit's pages with L1/R1 or LB/RB until you get to the visit page.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »