Home

Ensuring BCS-Conference Domination

This is a discussion on Ensuring BCS-Conference Domination within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #17
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
I would love to see GT get those top 10 finishes, but until Johnson figures out the defense... it's like the polar opposite of my other team, Florida. Now, what we NEED is Paul Johnson's flex at Florida with their crushing D. THAT would be a team
Might as well combine our offense with your defense and crush UGAy together!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #18
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Ensuring BCS-Conference Domination

i'm all for it! coming from someone who lived there for 20 years, that is the most biased, rude, and outright BAD fanbase I have ever seen. Alabama has their bandwagon going right now, we know that for non-fans, it's sexy to like them. But **** UGA... BUT, let's let them get to the SEC championship game so that they can lose again, make it 3 in a row!! BTW, what's your take on the new GT jerseys, or rather, the new last year GT jerseys/ uniforms?
Old 08-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #19
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Unrealistic. We owned them in our home and home a few years ago

In mine UCF, Army, ULL and Arkansas State. I moved ULL and Arky state to the Big 12, Navy on a few users schedules and left UCF alone.
LOL they really couldn't stop my offense. Vandy's current QB turns into Beast Mode by the time he's a Senior. However their flexbone was just.. to.. much. So I started a Flexbone set at Navy in another dynasty! We beat Ohio State!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Erm, what's the problem with non-AQ teams coming up ranked? Not like that's not realistic. Ask Northern Illinois, Kent St, Utah, Boise St, Hawaii...
I am a big fan of Boise State and I definitely enjoy watching the smaller teams prove others wrong but I think his point was that these teams should not be going 13-0, 14-0 EVERY year. Boise is a great team but they haven't been to a BCS game in 4 years (unjust but whatever). Utah is the same. NIU went to 1 and it took them a while to get there. Kent State didn't even go to one. Hawaii hasn't been in 6,7 years.

I think he just doesn't want the top 10 made up of 4-5 non-BCS teams. That's not realistic, even if they win 11-12 games. Ask Boise State, USU, SJSU last year.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I use the relegation setup in my signature to make midmajors earn there shots. So far in three seasons only ULL has made it to a BCS game. By moving them through the relegation setup I have, it keeps the best midmajors playing against each other so when one finally does make it through unbeaten I feel they have at least earned it.

I also took away the American's AQ and when ULL made it they were still in the Sun Belt, now that the better teams have promoted into the same conference no team from the AAC has even received a BCS Bid.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-05-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

The non AQ teams that will pop up, will be the ones that EA gave their coaches a tremendously high coach skill (because it's supposed to be random!)

ULL, ULM, UConn, Cincinnati, Ohio, San Diego State and of course Boise all have coaches with extremely high skill levels from the default settings.

If those coaches move or get promoted, you will see the new school enjoy the benefits. So just because ULL or Ohio are kicking tail 1 year, doesn't mean they will be good the next year if the coach moves on. If Frank Solich (Ohio) takes a job at a bigger school, that means Ohio will lose the 1 reason they were doing decent in the first place.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

ULL is tough, I saw UCF win the NC year 2 of a recent simulation dynasty. in year 3, marshall came out of nowhere and lost in the NC.

it really depends on the coach, who ends up there, impacts recruiting heavily, as well as the system fitting the players or not. I had a good year with Hawaii recruiting before losing my job, and they are now year in and year out one of the best teams.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Also it's so hard to judge them, because those schools rarely play elite talent, and when they do they rarely win, Boise State being the lone exception. I think they have earned the right to be ranked highly, they beat Oklahoma, Oregon, Georgia.. Good for them for trying to schedule good teams at least once! But the others, when they play a BCS team, they usually lose, so strength of schedule has a VERY large role there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »