Home

Pre-Play Icons Below Players

This is a discussion on Pre-Play Icons Below Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Pre-Play Icons Below Players

What do the icons below the players when viewing Coach Cam mean? Under the offensive line I see triangles and bars. Then when highlighting receivers I see "Speed -5", "Route Running -18", etc. Are they comparing the route running of my receiver vs. some rating (which one?) on the opposing DB? What do the triangles and bars mean for OL? And when I choose "show hot/cold", I see just white/gray circles. Also sometimes I see a "P" pop up by one of the defensive players.

Sorry if this has been asked, but are these pre-play icons documented anywhere? I don't see any reference in the game manual?

Last edited by servo75; 08-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Play Icons Below Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
What do the icons below the players when viewing Coach Cam mean? Under the offensive line I see triangles and bars. Then when highlighting receivers I see "Speed -5", "Route Running -18", etc. Are they comparing the route running of my receiver vs. some rating (which one?) on the opposing DB? What do the triangles and bars mean for OL? And when I choose "show hot/cold", I see just white/gray circles. Also sometimes I see a "P" pop up by one of the defensive players.

Sorry if this has been asked, but are these pre-play icons documented anywhere? I don't see any reference in the game manual?
"Speed -5 Route running -15" is the WR vs CB matchup ratings. The triangle and bar under the linemen is the "groove" they are in, green triangle means they are getting better, red means they are getting worse and the bar means no change in their play.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscholar305
"Speed -5 Route running -15" is the WR vs CB matchup ratings. The triangle and bar under the linemen is the "groove" they are in, green triangle means they are getting better, red means they are getting worse and the bar means no change in their play.
Thanks! But what I don't understand is the CB doesn't have a route running rating (or at least not one that matters), so I wonder what rating that's being compared against. Man coverage? Zone? I mean I wish EA would actually document this stuff.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Thanks! But what I don't understand is the CB doesn't have a route running rating (or at least not one that matters), so I wonder what rating that's being compared against. Man coverage? Zone? I mean I wish EA would actually document this stuff.
yeah i know what you mean so i would guess its compared to their man coverage and zone as well
Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
And when I choose "show hot/cold", I see just white/gray circles. Also sometimes I see a "P" pop up by one of the defensive players.
The white/gray circles mean the player is normal, but if it turns orange they are getting hot and if it turns red they are hot

the P above defensive players means its the pitch man. This is the player you have to read to decide if you should pitch or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »