Home

Using a Base Rush to Generate Pressure on the QB

This is a discussion on Using a Base Rush to Generate Pressure on the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
ZAN
EA Game Changer

OVR: 0
Using a Base Rush to Generate Pressure on the QB

In NCAA, many are struggling with their manual coverage; especially when it comes to clicking onto a defensive back and making a play. Many believe it's easier to simply stay on the player that they were usering pre-snap and just taking their chances with their defensive coverage. By utilizing these two types of defensive linemen moves, you'll amp up your pressure without sacrificing much in the way of coverage!

"Inside to Outside Rush":
1. If in a 4-down lineman set, spread DL and crash them out. If you are user rushing an OLB (3-4 defense), simply just skip to step two
2. Re-blitz the player you are manually rushing with so his blitz angle is going straight down.
3. Once the ball is snapped, rush hard outside
4. When you reach the moment where you are engaging the offensive tackle, push both joysticks hard to the inside to generate a spin/swim/club to the inside.

"Outside to Inside Rush"
1. If in a 4-down lineman formation, spread DL (optional) and crash DL inside (so blitz angle is to the inside). If in a 3-4, make sure your OLBs blitz angle is fixed on the offensive tackle's inside shoulder
2. Once the ball is snapped rush hard to the inside.
3. When you reach point of contact with the offensive tackle, push both joysticks hard to the outside to generate a swim/spin move to the outside.

Last edited by ZAN; 08-03-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Re: Using a Base Rush to Generate Pressure on the QB

Welcome back Game Changers! Great info.

BTW, off topic here but can you give us some info on the freezing, thanks?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

We appreciate that, and I don't want to scare you off the boards, but shouldn't you guys be on the bugs and glitches thread? That and sliders are where the most traffic is
Old 08-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

I personally have been looking for the EA strategy play books. This is just the type of thing that I need. Getting pressure is the key to pass D. I noticed that once I got my Dline going, especially if you have an impact Dlineman. The QBs become rattled, they start holding the ball to long and happy feet in the pocket. My DBs also seem to play better as well.Which leads to bad throws and stopping the opponents drives. Thanks for the pass rush tips! About to go test them out!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3
good tips, but what is crash out? on my adjust dline i have crash in, crash right, crash left, and contain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
good tips, but what is crash out? on my adjust dline i have crash in, crash right, crash left, and contain.
contain. crashing out is forcing the line to spread out and then you can blitz the gaps with a LB or S
Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
ZAN
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
We appreciate that, and I don't want to scare you off the boards, but shouldn't you guys be on the bugs and glitches thread? That and sliders are where the most traffic is
I do read those threads! Basically, I take suggestions or comments from those threads and test them out myself and forward pertinent information ahead!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Are you using turbo at all during these moves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »