Home

When to Use Turbo Boost

This is a discussion on When to Use Turbo Boost within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: When to Use Turbo Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
all the people who insist on holding it down obviously like to run in straight (or nearly straight) lines

making cuts and jukes is WAY more effective when you dont hold it down. To each his own though
I have no idea what you're talking about. You act like its impossible to juke defenders or make cuts while using turbo. Its not. Cuts and jukes are already extremely effective once you learn when and when not to use them.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeeeeez
Don't use it until I know for sure which hole/area I'm going to run to. Also let go of it when making cuts. So after I get the handoff there's like a second and half of not holding it down then I use it. Makes the run game so much more effective instead of using turbo right away.

That's how I use it.. Your RB can maneuver better between linemen without using turbo.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I have no idea what you're talking about. You act like its impossible to juke defenders or make cuts while using turbo. Its not. Cuts and jukes are already extremely effective once you learn when and when not to use them.
Didnt say it was impossible. Just that once I stopped using it, my YPC went up noticeably. Its just like you CAN stiff arm when low on stamina, but its pretty much unbeatable when you use it AND have stamina. If holding it down works for your playstyle, then go for it. I've found using it sparingly works much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Banned

Onyx Lion's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe it is just placebo but I have been doing it this way for years. I only use it after I hit the hole because it seems like if I use it too soon, blocks are shed very quickly and I am tackled on the spot where as if I wait and hit the right hole, my lineman hold onto blocks just long enough.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #13
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Urban legend has it that when you hit sprint your OL releases their blocks. That's been the story for years. Don't know for sure if it was ever actually true, or if it is true in this game.

On inside runs I sprint as soon as i get the ball. On Outside runs I sprint once I've picked a hole and am headed through it.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
With my HB runs I will generally wait until my blocks are set and then hit it to burst through. However if I already know where I am going I'll hit it right away.

On option plays I hit it immediately after I hand it off or pitch it. Otherwise I'll wait till I'm sure there is no other alternative before hitting the turbo with my QB.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #15
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

I use it just like I really had the ball chances are unless its a dive, I'm not turning on the jets until I cross the line.

Also it gives you another weapon if you hold off if you are in open field and a man has a great angle on you but you are using Turbo before that you have to use another move to get by him. If you haven't clicked it you can kiss that safety's great angle good bye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #16
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
all the people who insist on holding it down obviously like to run in straight (or nearly straight) lines

making cuts and jukes is WAY more effective when you dont hold it down. To each his own though

Or maybe some of us are smart enough to let go of it when making cuts and jukes. Also for me I don't do a lot of jukes, I have a power back who runs better in a straight line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »