Home

When to Use Turbo Boost

This is a discussion on When to Use Turbo Boost within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
When to Use Turbo Boost

Since NCAA Football 14 is different from earlier versions by factoring stamina into running plays, how often and when do you guys use turbo burst to break off the best runs? I have already figured out that holding it down the entire time is not wise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: When to Use Turbo Boost

I hold it down the entire time. What's your reasoning for not holding it down the whole play? You think its better to save it? I considered that when I first started playing but then realized its not worth it. I would rather take the yards you can get right away instead of saving it to possibly break away for a long run. I still do break away for long runs too sometimes anyway, so I really don't see what benefit there is to saving it. I feel like there would be a lot of times where I would get stopped in the backfield because I was saving my turbo, when I could have accelerated and got at least a 5 yard gain.

I just don't think its worth it.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I hold it down the entire time. What's your reasoning for not holding it down the whole play? You think its better to save it? I considered that when I first started playing but then realized its not worth it. I would rather take the yards you can get right away instead of saving it to possibly break away for a long run. I still do break away for long runs too sometimes anyway, so I really don't see what benefit there is to saving it. I feel like there would be a lot of times where I would get stopped in the backfield because I was saving my turbo, when I could have accelerated and got at least a 5 yard gain.

I just don't think its worth it.

Same here. I hold it the entire time also. There is no reason not too. I use to try and save it until I hit the hole, but it never worked out for me.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

depending on what play it is.. If its between the tackles i hold it the whole time.
If it's a power O or stretch run (or anything with pulling lineman), i wait until i get a good read on the run blocking to hit speed burst.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I normally using once I get some space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
I usually press turbo once I figure out where my blockers are. Much like jmaj, if it's between the tackles I'll pretty much hold it down at the hand-off.

Screens and outside runs, I'll wait for my linemen to turn the corner and once they line up blocks, it's turbo time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

all the people who insist on holding it down obviously like to run in straight (or nearly straight) lines

making cuts and jukes is WAY more effective when you dont hold it down. To each his own though
Old 08-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

Don't use it until I know for sure which hole/area I'm going to run to. Also let go of it when making cuts. So after I get the handoff there's like a second and half of not holding it down then I use it. Makes the run game so much more effective instead of using turbo right away.
Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »