Home

Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Coaching Carousel

How come when a certain team pops up I cant click on them and try to sign an offer instantly? I press the "A" button and it for some reason takes me to the team on top so I miss the actual team I wanted to coach for. Is this because theyre not interested in me or am I hitting the wrong button?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Re: Coaching Carousel

Judging from the lack of details here, I would guess it's because that team isn't interested in hiring you.
If School X wants to hire you, when you hit the X or A (depending on console), you should see a little popup on the lower right asking if you want to review the job/accept the job/stick with current deal.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

The team on top is the one currently offering a job. If you don't want and they offer you the job you can decline it and wait for another job offer. Just make sure you don't accept an extension or you can't leave for a new job.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
The team on top is the one currently offering a job. If you don't want and they offer you the job you can decline it and wait for another job offer. Just make sure you don't accept an extension or you can't leave for a new job.
You can leave whenever I believe, I think it just decreases coach loyalty or whatever. At least that was the case in 13.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
You can leave whenever I believe, I think it just decreases coach loyalty or whatever. At least that was the case in 13.
If you sign an extension in the offseason, or hit "stay with current offer", you can't change jobs until the next offseason.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Pro

sabres32's Arena

when the now hiring screen pops up it will usually give me a list of 3 teams that are hiring. I frantically try to press on one of them but for some reason nothing happens and all it does is take me to the top of menu. I try to hurry up because before you know it the job is taken. I don't understand why the screen that lets me accept the offer doesn't pop up right away.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
when the now hiring screen pops up it will usually give me a list of 3 teams that are hiring. I frantically try to press on one of them but for some reason nothing happens and all it does is take me to the top of menu. I try to hurry up because before you know it the job is taken. I don't understand why the screen that lets me accept the offer doesn't pop up right away.
The three is shows are the next three coming up. The top one is the one that just got filled, the middle one is the one hiring now, and the bottom one is the one up next, so if you get offered it doesn't matter which one you select it will be the middle job. There is no time frame on the jobs so you don't have to worry about doing anything quickly.

Say the job you want is third on the list, hit x/a and if you get offered the job it should say somewhere what school is offering you the job. (The middle one.) Just decline that one if the one on the bottom is the one you want. If the one on top is the one you wanted most likely they decided to go another route.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Bmore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
You're not being offered those jobs. The accept offer screen only pops up when a team is interested in you.

PSN: BmoreClutch
XBL: BlastTyrant10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »