Home

Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

This is a discussion on Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

I like having tough games. I want to the outcome to be in doubt in the 4th quarter. I like building up smaller schools into powerhouses and then move them into the SEC. I'm in year 5 of a personal dynasty that I built South Alabama into back2back undefeated NC team. Played 4 SEC schools last season. Still around 85 overall, trying hard not to over recruit. The key to the success was stealing a top 5 qb who was a 75 or so speed qb with good tp. He was forced into action his freshmen year with the injuries, does great rushing stats in big games. Now in his senior year he is 99 overall. I keep tweaking the sliders and difficulty each season to make it harder. I should have tried to make very hard by moving USA to SEC in year one with Heisman difficulty to make it more rewarding.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #58
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I would hate the game if I didn't lose every now and then.

*cough Madden 13 *cough

With that said I do have to somewhat tone down my offense by using "House Rules" so that the CPU can stay competitive.

Examples:
Don't call too many of the same play. It's been shown on here that no matter what sliders you use, you can maintain a long scoring drive just by running HB Dives over and over again. Also FB dives are always money as well. To help rectify this I don't abuse runs up the middle and use Ask Coach and on short yardage plays.

Read Option is too over powered. I haven't banned it from my playbook, but I definitely limit the amount of times that I call it. I don't have a set number, but anything over 4-5 times a game would be too much, in my opinion.

I also limit the amount of times I line up in 5 Wide Formations. For whatever reason the A.I.'s coverage skills are even more terrible when you use this formation. Plays like 4 Verts and Hitch's are almost always money. I stay away from those plays.

Other than that I just try to play as realistically as possible. I know that if I have a 4 and inches on my own 20 yard line, I could just use a FB Dive or QB Sneak to get the first down (I have yet to see the CPU stop either of these plays), but I choose to punt because that's what you should do in that situation.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #59
Rookie

Parrotheadache's Arena

OVR: 0
For my dynasties I play on Freshman and just grind out 13-0 seasons and build my teams into powerhouses. For play now games I want a challenge.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #60
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I would hate the game if I didn't lose every now and then.

*cough Madden 13 *cough

With that said I do have to somewhat tone down my offense by using "House Rules" so that the CPU can stay competitive.

Examples:
Don't call too many of the same play. It's been shown on here that no matter what sliders you use, you can maintain a long scoring drive just by running HB Dives over and over again. Also FB dives are always money as well. To help rectify this I don't abuse runs up the middle and use Ask Coach and on short yardage plays.

Read Option is too over powered. I haven't banned it from my playbook, but I definitely limit the amount of times that I call it. I don't have a set number, but anything over 4-5 times a game would be too much, in my opinion.

I also limit the amount of times I line up in 5 Wide Formations. For whatever reason the A.I.'s coverage skills are even more terrible when you use this formation. Plays like 4 Verts and Hitch's are almost always money. I stay away from those plays.

Other than that I just try to play as realistically as possible. I know that if I have a 4 and inches on my own 20 yard line, I could just use a FB Dive or QB Sneak to get the first down (I have yet to see the CPU stop either of these plays), but I choose to punt because that's what you should do in that situation.
The QB sneak and FB dive I have had stopped when playing against the computer.

The 5 wide & Read Option though I am in total agreement with you though. Sad thing is I was really pumped to use the Read Option this year and now its so over powered I swear I could take a OL put him at QB and avg 7 or 8 yards a carry with no break tackle.

The problem with the game is the CPU plays defense by formation not by down and distance or by that you've ran the ball 30 times and thrown it only twice.

I hope a patch fixes this but I don't really have that much faith in EA. To me something like that is a whole code written design flaw which would result it another game not a simple patch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »