Home

At what point does EA bring back 'Fair Play'?

This is a discussion on At what point does EA bring back 'Fair Play'? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
At what point does EA bring back 'Fair Play'?

Some of you might remember EA implemented "fair play" rules for online games in Madden (not sure if it was in NCAA or not) on last gen versions of the game. Basically, depending on the situation of the game certain plays were grayed out so you had no choice but to punt, kick a fg, or do a regular kickoff. This lead to more realistic outcomes of games.

The reason I bring this up is because I spend 90% of my time with the game playing h2h matches. Between unranked and ranked games this year, I'd say I've played around 15 games total. I've seen exactly 1 (one!!!) punt. And that was last night in an unranked game in the 4th quarter when I was up 3 scores and quite honestly, he probably should have went for it.

I know this game in particular (14), doesn't exactly promote sim strategy as the defense is absolutely atrocious and the chances of stopping a human player for 4 consecutive downs is probably less than 10%. Think about it, 90+ percent of the time h2h drives in this game end either with a TD or turnover (aka INT since there are no fumbles). And it's not that I'm losing games because of it. I'm a decent player. It's just not football to me.

Something needs to be done. Fixing the defense would be a start in this particular game, but overall, I would like to see the rules re-implemented in both EA football games. Even if they have 2 separate settings- sim and hardcore- and let people choose their style, that works for me. What is everyone's opinion?

*Please keep the "you suck" comments out of here. It's not about winning and losing, it's about trying to play as realistic football game as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: At what point does EA bring back 'Fair Play'?

They probably never will because the people who want 'fair play' are the extreme minority

Old 08-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

People have been asking EA to add this feature back in for several years now and have fallen on deaf ears. So, I highly doubt they'll bring it back. I have played my share of unranked/ranked games and what really gets frustrating is the non-stop no huddle regardless of the stamina feature they've added. It seems these guys on the field never gets tired.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
They probably never will because the people who want 'fair play' are the extreme minority

I get that completely, but how hard would it be to have two different settings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »