Home

Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball...

This is a discussion on Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball...

27 minute drives?

Where are you getting that from? Just because the game only has 5 minute qtr, and he pulled out a 9minute drive...

Sounds about right to me, 9 minute drives happen every Saturday.
It's a game plan that most running teams use, especially against high powered offenses. Which in this game, most offenses are powerful.

Sounds like football to me. You cant take a game with 5 minute quarters, and then use Ratio to determine that it would be 27 minutes in a real game...

No it would be 9 minutes in a real game, the play clock is still 40 seconds.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #18
Rookie

So because he used CHEW CLOCK...It was a problem?

What if he didn't use chew clock, and took about 25 seconds to choose a formation, sub package...

And then took 10 seconds to read the defense and audible.

Would it be a problem then? Because to me, it sounds like your upset that someone used all of THIER 40 SECONDS Per Play.

Even more interesting, is your upset because someone did it with the help of a in game option... but truthfully, there are players who use this STRAGETY on Madden and In NBA 2k... CONTROL THE CLOCK...

It effects opponents mentally... which is clearly what has happened to you. lol

Even The Barcelona Football Club Uses This Tactic... Guess What... People Complain About Them Too lol
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

guys in here defending chew clock in the first quarter? It's reeks of fish (if you know what I mean). The OP has said he pinched his Dline and also called run commit middle and had no success. This game lends itself to cheesy play. Gamers don't even try to get better anymore they just find 3 plays that work 75-80% of the time and then call it a "scheme". I know the goal of playing the game is to win. But personally first and foremost my goal is to have fun and challenge myself. I just can't see how someone finds it fun to cheese their opponent and run 2-3 plays in route to a "victory". I guess it's like PEDs in baseball. Everyone else is doing it, if you don't, play at your own risk.

To the ppl who say "in real life this is a strategy". You're absolutely right, the only difference is there are no "money plays" in real life.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
guys in here defending chew clock in the first quarter? It's reeks of fish (if you know what I mean). The OP has said he pinched his Dline and also called run commit middle and had no success. This game lends itself to cheesy play. Gamers don't even try to get better anymore they just find 3 plays that work 75-80% of the time and then call it a "scheme". I know the goal of playing the game is to win. But personally first and foremost my goal is to have fun and challenge myself. I just can't see how someone finds it fun to cheese their opponent and run 2-3 plays in route to a "victory". I guess it's like PEDs in baseball. Everyone else is doing it, if you don't, play at your own risk.

To the ppl who say "in real life this is a strategy". You're absolutely right, the only difference is there are no "money plays" in real life.

I'm definitely defending Chew Clock in the First quarter... because well, teams from ALL types of sports use the SAME game plan.

Also, the reason why I never said anything about money plays.

But playing against someone who is using all of THIER 40 seconds of game clock to run a play, with the intention of frustrating the opponent and keeping the ball from them?

Great Game Plan, Especially when play 5 minute QTRS.

In a REAL game of 60 minutes, the 20 minutes we have here is equal to 1 and 1/2 QTRs of Football. Which in a real game, the score could be 10-7, 7-7, 13-10 ETC..... Which is why they Up the power of offense, or else everyone would be complaining they didn't throw 3 TD passes in a 20 minute game.

lol Its a game Man...

(EDIT) Also, to the OP... since your using ratio to determine that his 9 minute drive is equal to 27 in a real game. Then I think your ISSUE Is... MAYBE THE PLAY CLOCK SHOULD ONLY BE 13.3 Seconds... lol

Last edited by Rezzo503; 08-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
Rookie

Sounds like you don't know how to stop the run. Yes in real life it's common to see drives go 8 to 9 minutes especially with run heavy teams. I remember when Marion Barber III and Laurence Maroney at the University of Minnesota it wouldn't be uncommon for the Gophers to have a 7 to 9 minute drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
Ugh, what? He had the ball for 9 minutes. Let's translate that to real time, using ratios. That's a 27 minute drive. The NCAA record is just over 14 minutes.

Also, the same play over and over, to me = glitch. Whether it's a run, a pass, a screen, the option, etc.
No, it would be a one 9 minute drive in a 15 minute quarter.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
Rookie

Yeah... you don't get to pro-rate that 9 minute drive to 27 minutes to try and justify your butt hurt.

That 9 minutes was real time. There are 9 minute drives every week.

and I also guess committing to a run game and running all over over your D = glitch. I use it sometimes, I call it my "Clock Killin Corey Dillon" strat.

If it happens again, quit that particular game or learn to adapt.

Last edited by DrPhibes; 08-05-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

This thread is quite surprising.

I've seen people say you're using 40 seconds of the game clock but I don't seem to see anyone mentioning the fact that the OP said he was using the same glitchy run play the entire process. That's foul one.

With chew clock on, essentially it took this man 2 full quarters to score. I repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
With chew clock on, essentially it took this man 2 full quarters to score.
There is no need for ratios and the 9 minute = 27 minute thing, just think about how he literally took the entire half to score. When in the history of ever, did if ever take anyone 2 full quarters to score the ball on the same possession? That hasn't even happened in that women's lingerie football league.

But it's okay, he was using a strategy!! That doesn't make any sense.

10 seconds fall off the clock from the 40 seconds just from skipping the cut scene. If you're using your entire playbook it should probably take 5-10 seconds to call a play. And then possibly 5-10 to read the defense... so essentially if done correctly, you're already chewing the clock. But based on the OP's post, that wasn't the case. What seems to have happened (my guess) is chew clock was turned on, the same 4-5 calls were played, which included the glitchy run play which gained consistent yardage, his longest play of the drive was probably not over 15 plays and his goal seems to have been, have the ball the entire half (cause that's been done before; 3 plays with chew clock on = 2.5 minutes of gameplay btw) score right before the half ends, kick the ball off at halftime, get the stop and win the game...

Hahahaha come on OS, stop saying nothing is wrong with this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »