Home

banning plays

This is a discussion on banning plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: banning plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
This is also how I feel about this game. I know how to stop everything football wise, but with this game I can't trust them to execute properly whether it is Alabama or their Southern counterpart.
This. I'm a guy that has coached high school football for 6 years (defensive coordinator for 2 of those,) so I am we'll versed in schematics of football. I'm also a guy that has played the EA sports college football video game (pretty much year round... only game I buy/play usually) since Bill Walsh College Football. So I'm also well versed in how to play the game. I've had phenomenal success playing defense on the game every year... Until this year. When I make adaptations to try to shut down what my opponent is having success with, it just doesn't work. Even if you out your guys in the right position to succeed (correct play, line shift, lb shift, spy's, coverage adjustments, user control of the linchpin of the play,etc... You just can't count on the CPU controlled players to execute at all. Defensive needs some patch work. Period.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwhawkeye12
This. I'm a guy that has coached high school football for 6 years (defensive coordinator for 2 of those,) so I am we'll versed in schematics of football. I'm also a guy that has played the EA sports college football video game (pretty much year round... only game I buy/play usually) since Bill Walsh College Football. So I'm also well versed in how to play the game. I've had phenomenal success playing defense on the game every year... Until this year. When I make adaptations to try to shut down what my opponent is having success with, it just doesn't work. Even if you out your guys in the right position to succeed (correct play, line shift, lb shift, spy's, coverage adjustments, user control of the linchpin of the play,etc... You just can't count on the CPU controlled players to execute at all. Defensive needs some patch work. Period.
It does need some patch work. however, I disagree that it is impossible to play or impossible to run a shot down defense. It is just more difficult this year. If they patch a couple of the zones, I would not have any problem with it.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

OVR: 0

Stupid question, but you guys are all talking online play and online dynasties, correct? Or does it matter too if it's offline dynasty?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
Not tough enough. Simply turn down run blocking and that wont happen. Nothig close to that will happen.

In real life, read options from the Shotgun and Pistol are being run all over the place, and very little defense is being played. Offensive numbers are way way higher in the last few years than ever before in college football.

Glitch "money plays" can be banned, but not allowing the read option seems way too far. It is the reason offense in college football today is so unstoppable. The game represents that. In user games, it can definately be contained using the right strategy.
i'm playing with the toughest sliders posted to this site, heisman, run blocking is at 0, rb ability is at 5, on the cpu side rush d 100, tackle 100, thats not it, u need to run that play, its a broke play basicly, but ive found out that nearly all qb runs out of the SG is broke, i mean how do u decide when enough is enough, guess i just need to stop playing, and thats a shame EA has made such a easy game cause theres people that wine that the game is to hard, this game will not exist much longer if this continues
Old 08-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartkgr
i'm playing with the toughest sliders posted to this site, heisman, run blocking is at 0, rb ability is at 5, on the cpu side rush d 100, tackle 100, thats not it, u need to run that play, its a broke play basicly, but ive found out that nearly all qb runs out of the SG is broke, i mean how do u decide when enough is enough, guess i just need to stop playing, and thats a shame EA has made such a easy game cause theres people that wine that the game is to hard, this game will not exist much longer if this continues
If you think you are getting yards too easily don't run it. Ban yourself from using it. If you play someone that uses it just stop em. Read options to me are easier to defend than regular pass plays because the defense reacts better than they do in coverage. The QB slot option to me isn't even the most effective option because of how well the nickelback react to it sometimes can lead to fumbles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartkgr
I wrote this message and didnt give all the information, just wanted to see what the temperature was when it comes to the game, i think the real good players think things should be banned, and the inexperienced like it, heres my point, this is really lame, i ran 1 play the entire game QB slot option, with old dominion, and beat alabama, stomped them really, running for over 600 yds with my qb, that is not fun, i might as well play duck hunt on nintendo
IMO, you have no excuse here... If you know that is a glitch play then DON'T run it, seems pretty easy to understand... You either don't want a challenging game or you are one of those guys that has to go 1,000-0 in their coaching careers, which is fine because everyone is entitled to how they play the game. But don't complain about banning cheese plays if all you did was run a single play all game, that doesn't even sound fun...
Old 08-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
IMO, you have no excuse here... If you know that is a glitch play then DON'T run it, seems pretty easy to understand... You either don't want a challenging game or you are one of those guys that has to go 1,000-0 in their coaching careers, which is fine because everyone is entitled to how they play the game. But don't complain about banning cheese plays if all you did was run a single play all game, that doesn't even sound fun...
I'm not going to run it and i did ban myself from using it, a friend that i play with was making the argument about it so i played that game like that to prove a point that it is a broken play, i was just wondering what everyone else thought, and i guess i was overuled, i do like the challenge just wished the game wasnt as easy as it seems to be

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »