Home

banning plays

This is a discussion on banning plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
banning plays

What do you all do about chessy offensive plays, like how easy the option is in SG formations? or putting a wr or rb in wrong positions? need some advice on what to ban in my dynasty, theres a qb slot option that is unstoppable, u can take old dominion and beat alabama, it definitely makes the game not fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Pro

Haze88's Arena

Re: banning plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartkgr
What do you all do about chessy offensive plays, like how easy the option is in SG formations? or putting a wr or rb in wrong positions? need some advice on what to ban in my dynasty, theres a qb slot option that is unstoppable, u can take old dominion and beat alabama, it definitely makes the game not fun
If banning plays is necessary to you then that's your prerogative. Innovation moves the game forward, we just have to adapt. The option is strong in real life and WR/HB hybrids are starting to become popular. Remember how putting a HB at QB was the ultimate cheese? Then Miami unleashed the Wildcat on my squad and it became plausible to do. Just find a weakness in the scheme, every offense has a few.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Rookie

jj06's Arena

OVR: 0

i dont get the whole banning plays or whining about how folks choose to play the game. In real life, coaches do whatever they can to win. It should be the same online. There inst a NCAA rule that says Clemson cant use Watkins or Oregan can use DAT all over the place...just find a way to stop it
Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj06
i dont get the whole banning plays or whining about how folks choose to play the game. In real life, coaches do whatever they can to win. It should be the same online. There inst a NCAA rule that says Clemson cant use Watkins or Oregan can use DAT all over the place...just find a way to stop it
Offense is unstoppable on this game. You can't simply "find a way to stop it."
Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

In real life you have a lot more ways to try and stop the offense then the game gives you, not to mention better defensive play in general. So giving real life examples of offenses trying different things and the defense adapting to it is pretty pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartkgr
Are you talking about an Online of Offline Dynasty? Offline is easy...don't run the play. Online gets tricky. You have to let every user know the rules and stick to them. You will end up booting multiple users or they will quit but you will have some good sim users which will make it that much better.

I do not understand the option being easy though. The read option was super easy last year. I definitely used the run last year to set up the pass out of the SG or Pistol in all of my ODs.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Are you talking about an Online of Offline Dynasty? Offline is easy...don't run the play. Online gets tricky. You have to let every user know the rules and stick to them. You will end up booting multiple users or they will quit but you will have some good sim users which will make it that much better.

I do not understand the option being easy though. The read option was super easy last year. I definitely used the run last year to set up the pass out of the SG or Pistol in all of my ODs.
Because EA dumbed it down so noobs would know how to do it. The rest of us who knew how to run it last year found it quite easy. Just now everyone can do it because EA added the 'read' and 'pitch' cues to presnap reads.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Pro

Haze88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Because EA dumbed it down so noobs would know how to do it. The rest of us who knew how to run it last year found it quite easy. Just now everyone can do it because EA added the 'read' and 'pitch' cues to presnap reads.
Exactly. Just add the new option plays and leave it be. I almost feel guilty running my offense at times with how ridiculously dumbed down the defense was made to make the option and offense in general look good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »