Home

Kick Return Success

This is a discussion on Kick Return Success within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Left here as well. And the more I think... I'm pretty sure I've never returned one going right.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Kick Return Success

On kickoffs, yes the left is easier. Punt returns I've had about equal success. Typically starting one side and cutting back the other way.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

I'm a solid 14 games in my offline dynasty as Auburn (ranked #1, in SEC championship game *sorry, minor brag that is good for me) and about 13 games online but I've yet to break a return all the way.

I've returned 4 on the left side within their 10, and a bunch more between their 50 and their 20.

Have only had 1 good return to the right, and it is actually a better return man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #12
Just started!

coyote2378's Arena

OVR: 0

Have had pretty decent success right and left side with an occasional ok return up the middle. But in 6 seasons now (2 as OC for SJSU, 2 as HC for Louisville and the last 2 as HC for USC) only 1 returned for a TD.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Mules50's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Middle is really tough, both sides are way too easy if your return guy is fast
Yep. All you need is a quick returner and one good block on the side and you can return it. I have returned 2 with Burroughs on Boise State that way. One to win the game!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the left side success is a function of the players the CPU chooses to put in the kick return and kick coverages in the default formation. It probably goes through some algorthm to find out who the best blockers are and starts on the left side. The kick coverage team probably also looks for the best players for coverage starting on the left. Therefore your best blockers are facing their worst coverage guys by default. If you formation sub and move some of these guys around you can probably get better success returning to the right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »