Home

What determines whether players leave early?

This is a discussion on What determines whether players leave early? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What determines whether players leave early?

Wouldn't shock me if Miller did stay IRL. All he could do is raise his stock.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
Rookie

striker1064's Arena

It seems either random or way too dependant on depth chat and nothing else. I had Manziel stay through his senior year, even after winning a second Heisman before that year, and I assume it's entirely because he's the clear cut starter and there's no depth chart ambiguity.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
it's stupid and broken. J Manziel stayed til he was a senior as well as B Miller in like 5 different dynasties. Too many OL players and starters who have great stats don't while average backups leave. I think it has more to do with height and weight.
I don't see either of those guys leaving early in real life ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think the problem we have here is that there are just too many highly rated players due to the insane progression in this year. In past years a lot of 5* with decent attributes (height/weight) for his position would leave after his junior (or red shirt sophomore) year and it was extremely rare to have a 5* stay for all 5 if you decided to redshirt. This made it so anyone that came in that high it was a complete waste to redshirt as you never saw the benefit.

This year, however, I have yet to have an appropriate player leave early. I did have 1 backup 88 OVR TE leave (lol, wut?) but the rest who would have were easy to talk into staying. I even had a string of 5* HBs in one dynasty where I had 5 5* HBs on my roster with one from each class - and NONE left early (99, 93, 89, 85, 81 OVR RS-SR to true FR). There is no way in prior years that I would have kept those players due to the depth chart and their OVRs. Oddly enough none even looked to transfer out...

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #13
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm almost positive it's based on the overalls of players. The game needs a certain amount of players to go in their "draft", and the high rated seniors fill up a good portion of the 1st round, so the high rated underclassman don't declare. The draft needs lower rated guys to fill out the 2nd-7th round, so lower rated underclassman end up declaring. I guess it's their way of making sure players with high ratings get drafted in the 1st round.

This is the test I did. Only tried it once, but it matches up with what I've seen in the 3 dynasties I've test-ran, and what I read on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I've been having the same issue as the OP. Seemed like none of the players that should declare were declaring. Clowney, Lee, Manziel never declared even after having monster seasons in my dynasties. I noticed that a lot of mid 80s players were declaring though.

Just about 10 mins ago I decided to do a test. End of the bowl season I simmed to players leaving and once again, none of the above 3 declared. I reloaded that dynasty file then went to the rosters and edited those players overalls to the mid to late 80s. I sim to the players declaring and sure enough, 2 of the 3 declared.

It seems the game has enough 1st rounders for the seniors, so they keep high rated underclassman from declaring. But they need lower rated guys to fill out the rest of the draft so that's why you'll see a 85 overall DE leave early while a 95 rated DE will stay.

So I think I'm going to edit the overalls right after bowl season from now on. I save the draft classes for Madden so I'll have to re-edit them when it's time to draft...but I would be doing that anyways so no harm.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-09-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

I think it has to do with the amount of seniors going in the draft. I had no underclassmen declare but had 12 seniors going 1st round
Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm almost positive it's based on the overalls of players. The game needs a certain amount of players to go in their "draft", and the high rated seniors fill up a good portion of the 1st round, so the high rated underclassman don't declare. The draft needs lower rated guys to fill out the 2nd-7th round, so lower rated underclassman end up declaring. I guess it's their way of making sure players with high ratings get drafted in the 1st round.

This is the test I did. Only tried it once, but it matches up with what I've seen in the 3 dynasties I've test-ran, and what I read on here.
What do you mean by having to reedit them when it is time to draft? As far as I know Madden does not have a edit draft class feature (though it badly needs one)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
Yea I was wondering why Manziel is still in my dynasty even at a senior. He is rated 99 in my game and has won heisman twice.

I was like are you still here dude?
Same in mines. I have just started my 3rd year and Johnny is still here and won the Heisman along with Braxton Miller. Sad thing is I finished with better numbers with Devin Gardner than Miller both years and I still didn't win the Heisman and won back to back NC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »