Home

What determines whether players leave early?

This is a discussion on What determines whether players leave early? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What determines whether players leave early?

Just curious, because my friends and I finished our first season of our OD. My friend who is South Carolina took home the title. I was Arizona and finished 3rd after a Rose Bowl win.

Now, no one from either of our teams declared early. Brandon Wilds won the Heisman, and obviously he has Clowney. From my team, Ka'Deem Carey finished 2nd in the Heisman and Austin Hill led the country in receptions, yards, touchdowns (for a WR) and won the Biletnikoff. None of those 4 declared. Not that I'm complaining

The only guys who declared early were from my friends Notre Dame team that finished 8th, 2 guys who had decent stats but nothing crazy and he got them both to return (their names escape me).

So is there really any rhyme or reason to the guys leaving or staying? I suppose I can see Carey and Hill staying to "make a run" at a title, but there's no way Clowney hangs around. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Rookie

brys10's Arena

Re: What determines whether players leave early?

I don't really know for sure why they leave or not, but I think it's pretty random. Remember the game doesn't see jadeveon clowney like we do. To the game he's just de #7 for south Carolina. I don't know if overall factors in or not. Only player I had leave was a we who had a pretty good season. I also wonder if him being a redshirt junior had anything to do with it
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't been able to figure out why certain players do or do not declare either. I too had a Heisman winner stay for his Senior season. I think this is the only Heisman I've ever won, but T.J. Yeldon won it as a Junior, and I was surprised that he returned, as he was already a very high 90 something overall player.

Then, more recently, I had a modestly rated, backup type WR declare as a Junior. Well, he was a backup the year before with probably less than 5 receptions for the season, but I persuaded him to stay, as he would be a projected starter, which he did.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 08-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I know that depth chart factors in.

Last year, in my LSU dynasty, I had my starting running back leave early, and two more transfer. And after all that I still had 3 or 4 backs on my roster.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I won the Heisman with a JR HB and all season the commentary acted like he might leave but he didn't.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

How many unsolved muders the athlete was inolved in that they're running away from is the main reason.

I always just assumed the main factors were their ovr rating, draft projection, and teams ability to compete for a 'ship in the next year.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

it's stupid and broken. J Manziel stayed til he was a senior as well as B Miller in like 5 different dynasties. Too many OL players and starters who have great stats don't while average backups leave. I think it has more to do with height and weight.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
it's stupid and broken. J Manziel stayed til he was a senior as well as B Miller in like 5 different dynasties. Too many OL players and starters who have great stats don't while average backups leave. I think it has more to do with height and weight.

Yea I was wondering why Manziel is still in my dynasty even at a senior. He is rated 99 in my game and has won heisman twice.

I was like are you still here dude?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »