Home

What's with all the white guys...

This is a discussion on What's with all the white guys... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What's with all the white guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Damn, another thread on this. In a sense, you're right, but this is too sensitive a subject here on OS. People will deem you a racist if you explore this area. I do think there are entirely too many black kickers and punters, and this is coming from a black man.
I don't think it's a question of is the poster racist or not Gos, I just think it's a question of "What Do These Threads Accomplish?"

I have seen more threads on this in NCAA 14 than I can remember from the last 2 years combined. I just don't get it. OP, edit the rosters bro, it doesn't matter.

The recruits are RANDOMIZED. It is a random generator. Based on a pretty big lawsuit, I am sure they made it as random as possible to boot. It really isn't a big deal, there is no agenda here. We don't need these threads IMO. There is no right way for EA to handle this. Either they make it completely random, like it is, or they somehow code it to favor certain a ethnicity for certain positions, which could also potentially open up an even bigger can of worms from people on the opposite side of this discussion. At the end of the day, I just don't understand what people want EA to do.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I never said anything about an "agenda". My point has been about realism, and in this aspect, anyway, it being a bigger issue than in the past.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by a59er2
i think lightening up is whats bothering him. lol

i just don't see how this is a problem...i understand everyone wants realism, but if they have a bunch of black recruits coming in, then people are going to complain about not enough white guys. i haven't seen any samoan or pacific islander recruits yet. should i start a thread about that too?
Start that thread if you want to start that thread. That's up to you.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Lol this is so stupid. Its random you 're gonna get those sometime. Trust me you don't want Ea to make a system in which they pretty much put a cap on race on certain positions.
Yeah, agreed

I just think its impossible to have a constructive conversation when the basis for the topic is "These guys are too white," regardless of how much real life percentages favor that point of view.

I am much more concerned with CPU safeties properly playing the deepest man on the field than this.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
MVP

I see nothing wrong with the question in the OP but I guess the problem here that some people are having is that this is probably the 5th or 6th thread that this has been asked.

Personally, I'll be editing them in my dynasty to reflect realism. It's not a big undertaking IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Damn, another thread on this. In a sense, you're right, but this is too sensitive a subject here on OS. People will deem you a racist if you explore this area. I do think there are entirely too many black kickers and punters, and this is coming from a black man.
No, people won't here.

People will say that this is something that is extremely stupid to be complaining about because there are many other issues that need to be fixed before we're worried about a white running back or a black kicker.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

I have seen more threads on this in NCAA 14 than I can remember from the last 2 years combined. I just don't get it. OP, edit the rosters bro, it doesn't matter.
I can't speak to 13 (never bought it), but this wasn't a big deal at all on 12 - outside of a quirk here and there. That's why you're seeing more of it with 14.

Yes, you can edit rosters, but that takes a lot of time. Not exactly a quick and easy fix.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #24
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmusician
at Running Back and Cornerback? Those are two positions where there's practically NEVER a white guy in the real world. HUGE mistake as far as realism. Enormous mistake.
Lol, well they've gotta play someway other than @ nebraska & Iowa...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »