Home

Wide Receiver for Heisman?

This is a discussion on Wide Receiver for Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Wide Receiver for Heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiSuave
No lie, a senior fullback from Ohio under the name Tyler Givens won it in one of my dynasties. He didn't have many carries and had 40 catches. I have no idea how he won it.
That is awesome. I wonder what kind of logic let him win it...
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

Usually if a WR is having extraordinary numbers, then the starting QB of his team is putting up good numbers (unless you run a 2QB system or your starter gets injured mid year).

Unless the WR gets some touches in the backfield, it's very hard to get a WR ahead of the starting QB who's throwing to him, in the heisman race.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #35
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougNation
Has anyone managed to win the Heisman with a wide receiver? I think it's obvious that this year it is much easier to win it with a mobile QB but it's not impossible to win it with a RB. But I have never seen a WR in the running, has anyone else seen this happen?

I came close. 2200 yards, 25 TDs But I didn't have a conference championship game so I came I second place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiSuave
No lie, a senior fullback from Ohio under the name Tyler Givens won it in one of my dynasties. He didn't have many carries and had 40 catches. I have no idea how he won it.
500 pancakes?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #37
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

I had a Heisman winning receiver in NCAA 13. His name was Ronnie Murphy and he was the fourth best receiver on my team based on overall. He was the most dependable catcher and since I ran a spread air raid attack I was in 4-5 wides a ton. I'm the slot he ran the drags, slats, posts, and corner routes amazingly. Check out his stats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (624.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
I had a Heisman winning receiver in NCAA 13. His name was Ronnie Murphy and he was the fourth best receiver on my team based on overall. He was the most dependable catcher and since I ran a spread air raid attack I was in 4-5 wides a ton. I'm the slot he ran the drags, slats, posts, and corner routes amazingly. Check out his stats.
Holy smokes, 175 receptions? That's ridiculous!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #39
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I had a wide receiver who pasted the wobble for 17 touchdowns and almost 2000 yards and finished tird in heisman voting rabble up his sophomore year. He junior season he finish with acl rapture and failed to play on 9 genes.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Oddly enough, on '13, the only Heisman I've won through 6 years was with my receiver (who also had a couple kick-returns for TD's) while my QB, twice, has led the whole season, and ends up losing the last week of the year despite having superior running stats, more pass and run TD's, but about 200 fewer yards in passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »