Home

Recruit didnt commit to anyone???

This is a discussion on Recruit didnt commit to anyone??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruit didnt commit to anyone???

I was in the lead all year for a 5* ATH and went in to the off season the only one above his projected lock out line. I did the one week of recruiting and still put on a lot of points just to be safe and I came out 5,000+ in the lead, but he didnt commit to anyone? What happens now? (and yes I did offer him a scholarship)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Recruit didnt commit to anyone???

He decided to play basketball... Or that's the excuse I try to justify it as. I've had that happen a few times and its very annoying, especially when it gets to the offseason and the points come into play
Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

The recruit now works at McDonald's making $7.50 an hour and lives in his moms basement playing COD.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I just assume they were academically ineligible. I had 4 guys that didn't commit to anyone just this last off-season.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
He decided to play basketball... Or that's the excuse I try to justify it as. I've had that happen a few times and its very annoying, especially when it gets to the offseason and the points come into play
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I just assume they were academically ineligible. I had 4 guys that didn't commit to anyone just this last off-season.
This is how I look at it as well or they got drafted to play baseball. I just come up with some storyline. I sometimes will write down their information then create them a few years later as JUCO guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
This is how I look at it as well or they got drafted to play baseball. I just come up with some storyline. I sometimes will write down their information then create them a few years later as JUCO guys.
Yeah. If I have it happen to me, I'll do that and make the JUCO guys a few overall better than they were as a freshman.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I did this at the start of year 2 in a dynasty after a 4* qb and the #1 punter didn't sign with anyone (I recruited both of them hard... just not hard enough, I guess?). Created each of them as juco (sophomores)--same name, height, weight, hometown, same skills from the scouting report, and decided to just see where they went that season since I didn't really need either one of them. Got to signing day after year 2, and neither had signed. That's what I thought was really weird.

A lot of guys have said they just pretended when this happened, they didn't qualify. In past games, those guys have been marked "DNQ" on signing day. I haven't noticed it this year. Has anyone seen the "did not qualify" designation in '14? Did the developers get rid of the label, but left the feature in the game, perhaps?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
Pro

War Eagle!'s Arena

OVR: 4
Check next season and see if he is available as a JUCO. I think I've seen a guy that didn't sign appear a year or two later, but y memory sucks (thanks mary, love you? and I couldn't remember if the name was the same. This was in NCAA 12.

*dont take this post as fact. Just test it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »