Home

Coaching Substitution Slider

This is a discussion on Coaching Substitution Slider within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coaching Substitution Slider

When you set your own strategy for your coach for your team, which way on the substitution slider do you go to make your team sub early and often? I've gone both ways and see my guys getting really worn out before they get subbed out. I dont want to have to do it manually everytime. Because guys get hurt easily when they are tired. Which way do I go? Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching Substitution Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb10
When you set your own strategy for your coach for your team, which way on the substitution slider do you go to make your team sub early and often? I've gone both ways and see my guys getting really worn out before they get subbed out. I dont want to have to do it manually everytime. Because guys get hurt easily when they are tired. Which way do I go? Thanks for the help.

Good question. Noticed this as well.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

OVR: 3

I think that slider is only for when games are simmed. There is another page of sliders that have the sub in and sub out settings for each position which are based on fatigue level. I think most are set to 60 out, 80 in by default, but I usually bump them to like 75 out, 85 in for all the positions except QB and OL.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Rookie

If I have 2 good running backs I sometimes I have the slider set as high as 80 out 90 in.... Usually that only gets like 2-3 plays until they switch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I heavily rotate my DL and WR's heavily. I rotate my RB's frequently but not as much as the others. The rest stay on the field until they are dragged off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks I found it under my ncaa, strategies. I didnt even notice that before. Thats exactly what I needed now my guys dont stay out there so long.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb10
Thanks I found it under my ncaa, strategies. I didnt even notice that before. Thats exactly what I needed now my guys dont stay out there so long.
unless i do formation subs for players...my back ups only get on the field for 1-2 plays until the starters are back....Then maybe another play and they are right back in....

So no matter what i set auto subs to, my starting RB will get 28 carries while my backup will get 4 total for the game....

Just wish they would actually work just like sliders....The changes are barely noticeable. Dont know why its not extreme if its a 100 scale. subs at zero should mean your guy literally never ever leaves the field...100 should mean 1-2 plays hes out and replaced...Same with sliders....
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
unless i do formation subs for players...my back ups only get on the field for 1-2 plays until the starters are back....Then maybe another play and they are right back in....

So no matter what i set auto subs to, my starting RB will get 28 carries while my backup will get 4 total for the game....

Just wish they would actually work just like sliders....The changes are barely noticeable. Dont know why its not extreme if its a 100 scale. subs at zero should mean your guy literally never ever leaves the field...100 should mean 1-2 plays hes out and replaced...Same with sliders....
I think that might depend on what your stamina is on your RB. If he never gets tired because he has a 99 rating on stamina he will never get below the substitution rating. And stay in the game for 28 carries. I like using bad teams and they have been subbing a lot more now. Probably because of their stamina rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »