Home

Jump the snap, do you miss it yet?

This is a discussion on Jump the snap, do you miss it yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Jump the snap, do you miss it yet?

I know that Jump the snap was a very maligned feature. But I must say that after a month of playing against over powered running/option attacks that I really miss jump the snap. It could have been some of what of an equalizer. Especially now that you can set hold blocks to aggressive and get no holding calls all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Jump the snap, do you miss it yet?

Don't miss it at all.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0

I really wish they had tweaked it, not removed it. Now you basically have to guess Run Mid to stop the rushing game

Let's Go Bucs
Old 08-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't necessarily miss it, but it seems to have removed any ability to hard count the CPU off sides without any slider adjustments. Sliders may take care of it but straight out of the box playing through 7 seasons I have not gotten the CPU to jump off sides once on a hard count.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

They need to do away with all gameplanning. Let ratings and player skill dictate outcomes. Madden has this right. They take out jump snao but they make it so you can put o line to aggressive and never get a holding call, lol. One step forward, seven steps back

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't mind the removal of it... but the problem I have is when a lineman's reaction time off the line is terrible!

Sometimes the dude is just standing there waiting for a kick in the a$$ to get moving. Majority of the time, you get a good burst at the line like a normal play, but at least 3-4 times a game as a DL, the select player is just standing there like he's playing contain defense and takes a few extra milliseconds to ramp up to full speed.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
They need to do away with all gameplanning. Let ratings and player skill dictate outcomes. Madden has this right. They take out jump snao but they make it so you can put o line to aggressive and never get a holding call, lol. One step forward, seven steps back
We'll see how madden looks with the new blocking engine this year. I don't mind that EA took it out. but playing as DUKE i can run on any team in country. And in contrast be run on by any team in country. FSU has one of the best DLines in the country and I wouldn't think twice about attempting a 4th and 1 against them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »