Home

Recruiting 2013 vs 2014

This is a discussion on Recruiting 2013 vs 2014 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting 2013 vs 2014

I liked 13 a lot more. 14 IMO is geared to the casual player. I liked calling as well as being able to knock off points from other schools interested in your recruits. Really fun when playing with a couple friends in a dynasty. Now I just move points back and forth not to mention huge point swings mid season
Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
I liked 13 a lot more. 14 IMO is geared to the casual player. I liked calling as well as being able to knock off points from other schools interested in your recruits. Really fun when playing with a couple friends in a dynasty. Now I just move points back and forth not to mention huge point swings mid season
Call me a casual but 13th recruiting system was absolutely ridiculous and boring. I don't have time to phone call fake high school kids who I want to play for me. All I want to do is select them, give them an easy point value and hope they sign. I'm not a head coach, I ain't got time for that. I should be paid at least $1.5 Million for this travesty.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Call me a casual but 13th recruiting system was absolutely ridiculous and boring. I don't have time to phone call fake high school kids who I want to play for me. All I want to do is select them, give them an easy point value and hope they sign. I'm not a head coach, I ain't got time for that. I should be paid at least $1.5 Million for this travesty.
Well the point of dynasty is to be a head coach ya know

I prefer 13's recruiting style. It felt more personal (if randomly generated players can even be personal.) I really prefer 13 in general, if I could only find a way around the dreaded DB glitch!

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Well then there should be an easy mode for you and a deeper more strategic/sophisticated mode for players that want the sim experience of a coach.

And I'm not saying 13's recruiting was deep or strategic. I thought it was a poorly done representation of recruiting just like I think 14's is. But on just a focus level, 14's recruiting is a step back.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #13
Just started!

Icon13 Re: Recruiting 2013 vs 2014

I don't like that the CPU recruiting strategy is to throw their top amount of points at the top players on their list and completely ignore the rest of the recruits on their list so while I try and spread out points between about 15 recruits I find out every single CPU team has 500 sometimes 600 (depending on skill tree) points on their top 10 players and nothing else!

Lets be realistic EA thats
Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 1

I kind of wish there was a combination of the 2. In the pre-season and post-season have it really in-depth like 13 and during the season have it more streamlined so you can focus on the games.

I think something like that would be much more realistic of what happens in real life. Teams get a lot of recruits before and after the season, not many during. In 13, it seemed like I was more invested into the recruit and when he chose another school it was frustrating. In 14, I don't get that same vibe.

My biggest gripe about the new recruiting is the offseason. Having it one and done is really annoying. You don't know where to put your points and you can't make adjustments if a recruit is leaning towards another school.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I kind of wish there was a combination of the 2. In the pre-season and post-season have it really in-depth like 13 and during the season have it more streamlined so you can focus on the games.

I think something like that would be much more realistic of what happens in real life. Teams get a lot of recruits before and after the season, not many during. In 13, it seemed like I was more invested into the recruit and when he chose another school it was frustrating. In 14, I don't get that same vibe.

My biggest gripe about the new recruiting is the offseason. Having it one and done is really annoying. You don't know where to put your points and you can't make adjustments if a recruit is leaning towards another school.
Good point. A combination of both would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Well then there should be an easy mode for you and a deeper more strategic/sophisticated mode for players that want the sim experience of a coach.

And I'm not saying 13's recruiting was deep or strategic. I thought it was a poorly done representation of recruiting just like I think 14's is. But on just a focus level, 14's recruiting is a step back.
I would choose the sim experience.. 13 was NOT sim.. it's system was buggery

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »