Home

Computer Pass Defense

This is a discussion on Computer Pass Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #9
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Computer Pass Defense

I honestly haven't seen this too much this year actually. In fact, I've probably seen the receivers beat the DBs too easily on a lot of routes.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

When I user-control a DB, I can mirror, and sometimes get ahead of a receiver on their route. It happens about as often as the CPU does it against me. It's only ever really annoying when I'm playing my one-star online dynasty, and their DB's are so much faster it happens on most plays.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
My thing lately has been how good my cpu-controlled guys play when I lock onto a player on D. They've been so good that I've upped the difficulty to Heisman for defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm always amused that no one complains about user CBs doing the same. Multiple times I have seen my CBs running ahead of the WR on slants, crossing routes, and drags.

Funny how that works
If I saw it as much as they did it to me I wouldn't complain either, but I don't. If our defense reacted to the ball in the air the way they cpu did these threads wouldn't happen. I don't care what defense I'm in when the ball is in the air everyone's assignment is now the ball if it is close the you. I wish I could post vids of the absurdities I've seen
Old 08-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
If I saw it as much as they did it to me I wouldn't complain either, but I don't. If our defense reacted to the ball in the air the way they cpu did these threads wouldn't happen. I don't care what defense I'm in when the ball is in the air everyone's assignment is now the ball if it is close the you. I wish I could post vids of the absurdities I've seen
I agree with you 100%. I love this game but just on offense. The pass rush and pass defense are atrocious. Just unrealistic. Kills the game for me.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Raise INT slider and RDEF - you'll start to see more reactions by the DBs in the air. At least that is what we are seeing with our sliders.

In regards to the "mirroring" dbs of the wrs routes. Could be the def aggr; we noticed last night on 50/50 it was this way; but drop it down to like 55/45 or 45/55 and it went away.

Of course this could be off because we did use our own sliders. So who knows. I do know that the INT slider is key for coverage - PCV doesn't really do a thing except make players play more aggressive (sometimes just dumb) so it's @ zero.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I agree with you 100%. I love this game but just on offense. The pass rush and pass defense are atrocious. Just unrealistic. Kills the game for me.
Yep, give me the current offense with old school defense it would be perfect. Shout out to your avi btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
I honestly haven't seen this too much this year actually. In fact, I've probably seen the receivers beat the DBs too easily on a lot of routes.

I've noticed that CPU WR running a Corner route is almost a gauranteeed completion for the play unless of course he drops it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »