Home

How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14?

This is a discussion on How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14?

For the first time ever, i've enjoyed playing all the modes in this game. In previous years, I'd pretty much have an offline dynasty and an online dynasty.

This year I find myself having an online dynasty (currently playing) and will be starting two offline dynasties (one with FSU with regular coaches and another as georgia state with me being a created coach on level 1). In addition, I also have a RTG going and I've been logging hours with Ultimate Team. I feel like I'll be getting more play out of NCAA this year than previous years simply because I'm thoroughly enjoying each mode.

What modes are you spending the most time with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14?

I am playing all the aspects of the game in OD. Recruiting is so much better than in the past! I HATED doing the individual pitches and I love it now that the CPU recruits like a human.

In my opinion 3 changes could go a LONG way in making this game even better.
1 - Allow my defense to play like the CPU defense on heisman... I don't get why they turn my guys into a bunch of blind mice against the pass.
2 - Tweak the human offense blocking down a bit such that the game becomes harder
3 - Tweak the CPU zone pass defense a tad against the deep verticals.

Sure there are a lot of other teaks but for me personally these 3 would go a LONG way in making the game more difficult as well as making defense far more enjoyable and less frustrating. Offense side of the ball has never been more fun, it is just a bit too easy even on heisman.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
MVP

I agree with all 3 points you made...especially the first one.

One other one I want to add is tone down the success of the read option as well. it's a tad to powerful at the moment. Sometimes my players will run right by the QB chasing the RB after it's completely obvious that the QB kept it. Those moments are a little frustrating to me
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Doing anything and everything on my Wyoming dynasty.. in love with the game. Currently in year 7 I have played every game and done all recruiting.. and theres no sign of stopping.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Play Now, and OD.

I'm apparently pretty enthralled in my OD, as i went to restart it last night with a newer roster file, once i did, i immediately turned to my backup, and reloaded my original.

Recruiting is an excellent upgrade. I play my last game of the season tonight, and am looking forward to the new off season.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Doing anything and everything on my Wyoming dynasty.. in love with the game. Currently in year 7 I have played every game and done all recruiting.. and theres no sign of stopping.
I've been reading through the "How is your dynasty goin'" thread (just discovered it last week) and keeping up with your dynasty and everyone else's in there. Reading those is what has inspired me to begin a "started from the bottom" dynasty and work my way up to the top.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Im playing through a Dynasty with Michigan as I always do, enjoying the full aspects of it, and the recruiting, etc. etc. Having fun as always there.

In years past, I'd always start multiple dynasty's, and work my way towards winning every (or at least as many as I could before I got tired of the game) conference championships. This year, with the Season mode, its awesome! No longer do I have to recruit, or wait for it to sim through recruiting, I can just advance the week, play my next game and move on. Some of you may think this is crazy, but playing time is limited for me, so while I still get the full effect of Dynasty as mentioned above, I also get the fun of playing through a season with different teams, against different teams, in different conferences and trying to win different conference championships, and bowl games. Presently I'm working through the MAC with Central Michigan. Usually I try to use some of the worst teams in those conferences as well for more of a challenge. I'll be playing in the MAC championship game against Buffalo next.

Anyways, the just of it is season mode for me, is a nice addition, and it's been getting alot of my NCAA 14 time as of late.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a few dynasty's
a Kentucky Dynasty with Jalen Whitlow in his junior year where Im playing all the games
- I have a year 17 dynasty where I started as an OC, got fired, worked up ball state to a super power and 2 time(then 3 time when I left) NC, then went to Oregon, brought them back to power and won 4 there. this one is a SIM only franchise.
-I have a new Idaho dynasty in year 2 where my ridiculously neat athlete turned QB Charles Jones is leading the way as a 79 overall true freshman

I figure those 5 different schools worth of recruits(Hawaii really has only 1 year of players worth it) I will have the perfect number of players for madden. I even kept the best players stats, as well as saved the dynasty at a point where if I want, I can go back and play as that player.

so Im hoping the freaking import is good this year. I got attached to so many players who made so many big plays. this happened 2 years ago, only to watch 90 percent of them gone over not really paying attention to the "2" export screens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »