Home

Recruiting..

This is a discussion on Recruiting.. within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Twitch Staff

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting..

4* & 5* athletes are definitely the way to go. Super versatile, fast, great players in many positions, and the CPU doesn't go after them nearly as hard as a traditional position player.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my OD we finished year 4 last night. I finished #1 in recruiting and ended up with 3 MONSTER Athletes. 93 spd, 91 acc, 93 TP, 89 TA. You would think an obvious QB? I put him at Safety as his CTH was 80 and TKL was 75! The second guy I got was 81 OVR with 92 SPD, 89 ACC, 90 TP, 92 TA, but his carry was 80, I threw him in as a HB as my star had just graduated. The last guy was slightly slower but could have started nearly anywhere on the field. 90 SPD, 91 ACC, 93 TP, 95 TA, 70 Carry, 70 Catch, but his STR was 76 and Trucking was 80....

So now I have a lock down FS who can catcn anything near him and tackle power backs, a HB who can outrun nearly anyone and truck DTs for extra yards, and in a pinch can run the wildcat like a QB... then a Starting QB who is better than Vick.

My friend has 4 players targeted right now with 96 SPD and 95 ACC or higher.... CRAZY!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

Just look to see if you're gaining ground and if so how much. If you're barely gaining ground and down 4,000 plus points then I would just cut my loss and move on to the next guy.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
In my OD we finished year 4 last night. I finished #1 in recruiting and ended up with 3 MONSTER Athletes. 93 spd, 91 acc, 93 TP, 89 TA. You would think an obvious QB? I put him at Safety as his CTH was 80 and TKL was 75! The second guy I got was 81 OVR with 92 SPD, 89 ACC, 90 TP, 92 TA, but his carry was 80, I threw him in as a HB as my star had just graduated. The last guy was slightly slower but could have started nearly anywhere on the field. 90 SPD, 91 ACC, 93 TP, 95 TA, 70 Carry, 70 Catch, but his STR was 76 and Trucking was 80....

So now I have a lock down FS who can catcn anything near him and tackle power backs, a HB who can outrun nearly anyone and truck DTs for extra yards, and in a pinch can run the wildcat like a QB... then a Starting QB who is better than Vick.

My friend has 4 players targeted right now with 96 SPD and 95 ACC or higher.... CRAZY!
cool story but has nothing to do with the topic lol

its about recruiting deficits
Old 08-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencerm
I was just curious as to the biggest deficit any of you have overcome to win a recruit. For example, I'm listed as 4th on a recruit's list (it's week 5), but I trail his leader by 4,900 points. Is it worth dropping an offer on them and putting 700 points on them for a few weeks? Or would my points be better spend elsewhere? Typically I'd let these guys go, but some are guaranteed studs (i.e. an athlete with 94 speed, 80 awareness, 85 throw power and 84 throw accuracy). If I see Mike Vick 2.0 it's tough to let that go.
Back on topic:

More important than trailing the leader by 4,900 points is how many points are you trailing the last team projected to make the cut and how close is he to locking.

If he will lock before the offseason AND you can get to within 2,000 points of the last team that made the cut you should absolutely go after him (as long as you'll still be able to schedule a visit. If he has 5 visits set up than fugedaboutit). Once he locks you can use a lockpick and you'll leap into 2nd or 3rd place and will likely only trail by about 300-400.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »