Home

Anybody get the feeling ea has bailed on any patches or tuners?

This is a discussion on Anybody get the feeling ea has bailed on any patches or tuners? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #121
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anybody get the feeling ea has bailed on any patches or tuners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
I'll give it to you that there are some head-scratchers with this series. But most of the problems people are complaining about can (hopefully) be address via a patch. Which has been confirmed.
I've spent over a hour searching multiple sites finding 0 evidence of this. Wish people who get their facts straight instead of acting like something has been confirmed when nothing has been confirmed.

There is 0 mention of a uniform update,title update,patch or anything that involves the game besides EA being involved in a legal lawsuit.

Sad just sad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #122
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
I'll give it to you that there are some head-scratchers with this series. But most of the problems people are complaining about can (hopefully) be address via a patch. Which has been confirmed.
Source or it didn't happen.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #123
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
I've spent over a hour searching multiple sites finding 0 evidence of this. Wish people who get their facts straight instead of acting like something has been confirmed when nothing has been confirmed.

There is 0 mention of a uniform update,title update,patch or anything that involves the game besides EA being involved in a legal lawsuit.

Sad just sad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Source or it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Just got off the phone with EA customer service. A patch is coming, but he couldn't tell me when. He mentioned the grey face mask issue and also mentioned the studio is trying to get some other things fixed as well... Didn't go into detail about what those things are.

post #84, this thread.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1

Someone mentioned earlier sales will jump back up when the season starts and hopefully a patch will drop around that time.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #125
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
post #84, this thread.
So a guy on a message board said they talked to customer service who allegedly said that a patch was coming?

Do you not see why this is of questionable veracity? That is not a confirmation.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #126
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
So a guy on a message board said they talked to customer service who allegedly said that a patch was coming?

Do you not see why this is of questionable veracity? That is not a confirmation.
I have to agree, while I respect SEC and enjoy his sliders I think the person who he spoke might be not correct. I find it just strange the a customer service rep giving out this information,but not EA Sports facebook page,website any game informer, or even OS its sell.

So I am actually going to call EA myself just to see what information I can get or what they say when I talk to them.

They do have something on their site about grey mask issue when I try to speak with someone...Says info will be released this week but does not have the date this message was posted

Last edited by Mr2Nice; 08-16-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #127
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

currently on hold with ea sports
Old 08-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #128
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
I just don't agree with you. If EA was planning to do a patch update their would be some sort of news. I would say they would be even more on the ball to at least customers know that their would be a patch, or at least have a press release stating when another uniform update might be coming out.

Have u seen the game advertised like years past? Have you heard any type of news since EA was lumped in with the lawsuit? I would say no on both fronts.

Again its like I said when the NCAA pulled out that there would no longer be a authetic college football game. I was told I had know idea what I was talking about and the the cca or whatever thing was seperate and that the schools would still produce a game with EA.

There is a reason that NCAA,Conference's are jumping ship. That's because the ship is sinking and taking money from them.

EA will not do anything with this game if the lawyers tell them its in their best interest not to plain and simple. Its all about money,not about the fans,not about the customer, its all about money.

If its going to cost EA more money to release a patch or worsen their chances of getting out of this lawsuit then you can bet your money they will do nothing.

On a side note I am very surprised that O'Bannon & CO do not go after Roster Builders that charge money for the roster. Those people are the defination of using their "likeness". I would hope that they are also sued since they charge money and charge that money because their particular roster set is built on being authetic.

Just my thought though
I get what you're saying,but there will always be a blurred line with college athletes and people using their likeness/not being paid. There's college fantasy football. In that they use their week to week states and players pictures are used on the fantasy websites; without being paid.

Also, NOBODY knows how this lawsuit is going to end. If the case is thrown out or a ruling lands in EA's favor, there will be a standing legal precedent in court for EA to proceed in the future as they see fit.

The one thing NCAA fans can hope for, is a fair ruling by a judge. The case against EA is open and shut/black and white. There are gray areas and I'm sure EA doesn't have a guy who passed the bar last year presenting their side.

As far as them not saying anything about a patch, I don't know how many other games you play, but if you browse message boards for other games you'll read the same stuff by gamers, "THey could at least say something to us," or "Why are they leaving us in the dark?"

In fact, Battlefield is published by EA and those message boards are littered with angry gamers saying the exact same stuff people are on here.

Nobody knows why they haven't said anything. Maybe it's Sony and Microsoft that are holding up the process? THey have to approve every patch before it's released, and with the next gen systems coming out within 2-3 months, I'm sure they have their hands full, thus causing a longer than usual delay in patch approval.

I'm leaning more towards "typical game industry BS," not a lawsuit. EA is still under contract with the NCAA, all the conferences, and hundreds of teams. If they are going to lose this lawsuit it's not because of patching gameplay in 2014. They will lose the lawsuit from nearly a decade of using the likeness of college athletes without compensation.

Also, they put out uniforms for people to download and that is 100x's more in the arena of "player likeness," than patching gameplay. That will make players directly more like their real life counterparts.

Think of NCAA 14 like this: The noose is already around their neck, why not tell the prison guard you think his wife is sexy.

Patches will come lawsuit or not. And hey, maybe if O'bannon loses this lawsuit, he can keep his lawyer on retainer and sue EA for not producing quality products. His lawsuit got a 1000 more black kickers in the game. Maybe he can get them to make a game without a DB glitch

Last edited by BearsNVA; 08-16-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »