Home

Utilizing a great athlete

This is a discussion on Utilizing a great athlete within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Utilizing a great athlete

Ok... so this is the first NCAA football I've picked up in a couple years so I'm looking for a little guidance on an athlete I recruited. I'm used to the old athletes being good at really only 1 or 2 positions. But this guy I just got in my Penn State dynasty is a whole different beast.

He could be:
an 80ovr QB
a 77ovr HB
a 74ovr WR
a 77ovr CB
a 75ovr S

With his 95 speed and great quickness, even though his overall isn't high enough to be a started at any of those position, I need to get him on the field. So far I've used formation sub to make him one of my WRs in a 4-WR bunch, and added a flexbone formation to the PSU playbook and put him as one of the WBs. I've had good success with his as he has 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD and 2 or 3 receiving TDs in 4 games. His passing TD was the best so far as it was on a WB toss pass out of the flexbone that fooled the D.

But any other tips on plays or formations I could use to utilize him more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Utilizing a great athlete

Punt return and kickoff return? Maybe sub him in as a safety in a 4-2-5 defense?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Really need to see his key ratings before we can help you. Coverage ratings, catching ratings, break tackle and move ratings, agility, acceleration, etc.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

Redshirt him and watch him be a 99 in two or three of those positions by the time he's a JR. Then run straight wildcat and option formations.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Here are some of his numbers:

95 SPD 57 AWR
92 AGI 91 ELU
96 ACC 68 BCV
57 AWR 63 CAR
75 BTK 66 CTH
55 STR 90 TPW
59 CIT 78 THA

42 TAK
86 PUR
75 PRC
87 MCV
78 ZCV
78 PRS
89 RET

So his speed and quickness are great. And he has a strong arm but not great accuracy. But some of his secondary WR skills like catch in traffic and route running are only in the high 50s. So he's not an every down kinda kid but he's had some big plays for me already...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

42 tackling? yeaaa I would keep him on offense. His catching ratings are dreadful, so I wouldn't put him at WR either. Only thing he is a stud at is QB or HB. He has all the tools for a good HB except his carrying is very low. He has all the tools for QB but his accuracy is low. Tough choice. I would put at HB since there's hardly any fumbles anyway in this game.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Rookie

skundy's Arena

I had a recruit very similar to that in my ole miss dynasty, attributes look identical. The obvious choice is QB, with 95 spd and 90 thp, that 78 accuracy will improve. Redshirt him the first year and use him as a read option qb until he is ready to be starter or you just need him.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

I like pocket passers or balanced qb's for my team be he's obviously a spread option type or read option type qb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »