Home

Developing Rivalries in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Developing Rivalries in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2014, 01:36 AM   #33
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Developing Rivalries in Dynasty

In year two of my dynasty, NC State's lone loss of the regular season was to Pitt. They met again in the ACC championship and NC State got their revenge and got to 12-1 on the year. Their revenge could have been sweeter, but they got snubbed for the national championship by on undefeated UL Lafayette team. Thanks to Pitt they didn't have the chance to play Ohio State for the championship.

In year 3, NC State was on a 4-0 start and gets upset by an 0-3 Pitt team in back-to-back regular seasons
Old 01-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Southern would have to be on the game
Sorry, I forgot they weren't in the game.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 02-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #35
Rookie

Anyone using a Teambuilder Team and checked their rivalries? I swapped my Teambuilder Team with Memphis and my only rivalry is with Louisville, although Memphis has rivalries with Southern Miss and UAB. In NCAA 12 I kept all rivalries when I imported a Teambuilder Team this version I only keep one. Is this true or is the schedule not showing it as a rivalry? I am still in preseason, but kind of annoyed if this is the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorey
Anyone using a Teambuilder Team and checked their rivalries? I swapped my Teambuilder Team with Memphis and my only rivalry is with Louisville, although Memphis has rivalries with Southern Miss and UAB. In NCAA 12 I kept all rivalries when I imported a Teambuilder Team this version I only keep one. Is this true or is the schedule not showing it as a rivalry? I am still in preseason, but kind of annoyed if this is the case.
It's always been the case that your Teambuilder only keeps the primary rival of the team which it replaces. The only way a teambuilder will have multiple rivals is if a team other than your primary rival lists the replaced team as its primary rival (I was able to strategically create several rivalry matchups per team when I made an all-New Jersey conference in NCAA13). However, even then, your teambuilder will only display the primary rival under its list of rivals.

If you want multiple rivalries with a Teambuilder, it's a matter of finding a team to replace that has other teams that will list your Teambuilder as their primary rival, but that your Teambuilder won't list as its primary rival.

I believe that Southern Miss will also be a rivalry game if you replaced Memphis.

Last edited by ZN30; 02-04-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
It's always been the case that your Teambuilder only keeps the primary rival of the team which it replaces. The only way a teambuilder will have multiple rivals is if a team other than your primary rival lists the replaced team as its primary rival (I was able to strategically create several rivalry matchups per team when I made an all-New Jersey conference in NCAA13). However, even then, your teambuilder will only display the primary rival under its list of rivals.

If you want multiple rivalries with a Teambuilder, it's a matter of finding a team to replace that has other teams that will list your Teambuilder as their primary rival, but that your Teambuilder won't list as its primary rival.

I believe that Southern Miss will also be a rivalry game if you replaced Memphis.
I thought Memphis was the primary rival of Southern Miss, but that may not be the case. I will try another team more obvious to test. Army should work. If I replace Army I should get Navy and AirForce.

Update:
Replaced Army with my Teambuilder Team. Teambuilder Team has Navy as a rival and that game is listed as a rivalry game. The AirForce game is not listed as a rivalry. In addition the AirForce has a blank in the list of rivals where Army would be so it shows - RIVALS: ,NAVY,HAW,CSU

Have not downloaded and editor not sure how to use them, but can this be fixed using an editor to make the Teambuilder rivalries work?

Last edited by mcorey; 02-05-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 02-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorey
I thought Memphis was the primary rival of Southern Miss, but that may not be the case. I will try another team more obvious to test. Army should work. If I replace Army I should get Navy and AirForce.

Update:
Replaced Army with my Teambuilder Team. Teambuilder Team has Navy as a rival and that game is listed as a rivalry game. The AirForce game is not listed as a rivalry. In addition the AirForce has a blank in the list of rivals where Army would be so it shows - RIVALS: ,NAVY,HAW,CSU

Have not downloaded and editor not sure how to use them, but can this be fixed using an editor to make the Teambuilder rivalries work?
That is very strange. I replaced the military academies with App St, Georgia Southern and Charlotte for my current dynasty and all the rivalries worked correctly, with App St being rivals with both of the other two school.

Unfortunately, the dynasty editor doesn't work when a Teambuilder is uploaded into the dynasty.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #39
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfronk
An update to the list of rivals. I've checked almost all of them.
Spoiler

Just FYI, it appears that UTEP's 3rd rival is Tulsa (i think you had Houston on another list).
Old 11-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #40
Just started!

I'm pretty sure you can make in conference rivalies happen in the offseason. At least you could in last years version.
[img]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »