Home

TEless Offense

This is a discussion on TEless Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0
TEless Offense

Different styles of offense force you to have a number of players in a position. Ex: Spread makes you have 1 FB and 2 TEs. A pro style makes you have more FBs and TEs.

Is there an offense that doesn't require a TE? I ask because Todd Monken (USM) doesn't use a TE. If they use a goalline formation, they use extra OL. I ask the question, because I don't want to waste roster spots on duds that won't be used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: TEless Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
Different styles of offense force you to have a number of players in a position. Ex: Spread makes you have 1 FB and 2 TEs. A pro style makes you have more FBs and TEs.

Is there an offense that doesn't require a TE? I ask because Todd Monken (USM) doesn't use a TE. If they use a goalline formation, they use extra OL. I ask the question, because I don't want to waste roster spots on duds that won't be used.
I don't think there's any default playbook that doesn't use TE's. You probably need to create a custom one without formations that need TE's.

Goaline formations are tricky, since you'd need at least 2 TE's, but you can set the depth chart to use O-Line in those goaline formations.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man

A Pro style offense will utilize a FB or 2 TEs. A Spread offense will typically use only 1 TE, if at all.

Anyways, you're still going to have to recruit TEs. But you can always recruit ones with good speed/hands to play WR or ones with good blocking to play OL. Or just recruit TEs and just sub them out for WRs in passing situations and linemen in blocking situations.

If you're looking for an offense that won't use a TE much, an Air Raid or Spread offense will work for you.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Thanks for the replies!
My first thought was to just customize my playbook. Take all the "tight" formations out. This truly is what is used. They use the "Y" for oversized WRs. They had one TE on the roster, until last night. He evidently has left the team because of concussions. I could start putting the "Y" type guys in the TE spot, but it would destroy their ratings. Plus, the offseason would try to convert their rating to be more like a TE..

The reason this isn't the answer is the computer will force me to fill 2 spots for TEs. If I don't, I will get 2 walk-on TEs. I can then cut them (if I have enough signees). The problem will be with my coaches goals (Fill Team Needs). But I guess that is just 75 coach xp. I don't think it hurts my job security.

Last edited by snyder5man; 08-13-2013 at 10:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »