Home

Recommended year?

This is a discussion on Recommended year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
Recommended year?

Which NCAA football game would you guys recommend? I haven't played NCAA football since like 07 and I want to get back into it. I basically only play offline dynasty and I normally play every game, so the gameplay is also important.

Basically I am asking which year of NCAA football you would recommend for a offline dynasty mode player since I have no idea what the differences are between the years and I can't seem to find any sort of distinction online between them.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recommended year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
Which NCAA football game would you guys recommend? I haven't played NCAA football since like 07 and I want to get back into it. I basically only play offline dynasty and I normally play every game, so the gameplay is also important.

Basically I am asking which year of NCAA football you would recommend for a offline dynasty mode player since I have no idea what the differences are between the years and I can't seem to find any sort of distinction online between them.

Thanks.
NCAA 14. The recruiting is simple and fast compared to previous versions, coach skills makes things interesting, (Or too easy, depending on how you look at it) and the gameplay is really fun. They've improved on the in-game commentary and presentation, which, IMO makes this the best NCAA game since 2006.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm loving NCAA 14. Like you I am an offline dynasty only player who plays every game so all I care about is how the game plays and the depth of the dynasty mode. NCAA 14 has some real depth in the dynasty mode. The gameplay is not that bad if you read a few of the slider threads. That is what I did to create my own set so the game plays the way I want it to.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative then I always loved NCAA 09 while other hated it. The "wide open" game play offered a degree of difficulty I had not experienced in my 11 years of NCAA games.

If you have not played an NCAA game since 07 then you will love any of the newer NCAA games. I would spend the money on NCAA 14 because it is just hard for me to put down right now.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

NCAA 14!

10 Char
Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

NCAA 14 by far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

'14 is the best so far -- a few issues but overall is an improvement over all the other years.

If you must go to an older title, '11 would probably get my vote. Wasnt a buggy glitch fest (12), wasnt all offense (09) and was more than a roster update from the previous year (10,13)
Old 08-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

13 can probably be found online for very very cheap, so if you want to save a little money while still playing a game with a very similar dynasty mode to ncaa 14 (minus the new recruiting system) I would go with 13.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

12 actually had the best presentation and signature intro's, my favorite of all time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »