Home

SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

This is a discussion on SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: SEC Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan09
2k tried the generic football game route and lets not forget how that turned out
The lack of a license wasn't the main problem there. Idiotic marketing and poor customization are what killed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
I know EA doesn't owe us anything but it would be really nice if they'd show us a little appreciation for supporting this game as long as we have and just keep up dating the game through DLC! They continue to update uniforms for years to come, it seems like they could update equipment too based on the new addition of Adidas Gloves that came in with the first Uni Update. Some helmet patches and cleat updates would make me along with the uni updates would make me a happy man and I'd like to assume it would make others too. The game plays well and it's challenging. I don't really care if the CPU completes high percentages and runs the read option really well. It just makes me focus that much harder to play the best game without a lot of mistakes... In all seriousness that is College Football! The first time that I've enjoyed this game in YEARS! Continue to update the game through DLC and even charge us if you have too.. I'll be fine with that but I'm pretty sure this game stops right here and NCAA 14 is the last hoorah! Continue to make it your best hoorah... People still talk about NFL 2K5 because they did the consumer right and made a great game. Think about your consumer and not your profit margin and you will gain respect and ultimately see your profits go up as a company!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #43
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

Expect other major conferences to announce the same intentions in the next same days. If the SEC thinks there is cause for concern with licensing their marks, no doubt the Big Ten, Pac-12, etc. will follow through.

And who is involved with those decisions? College presidents and athletic directors. Schools will be dropping out next.

Game over

RIP NCAA Football
Old 08-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #44
Rookie

TrippyBeaver's Arena

OVR: 4

They could just make a new conference for them

The Southern University Conference sounds good.

SUC
Old 08-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
Expect other major conferences to announce the same intentions in the next same days. If the SEC thinks there is cause for concern with licensing their marks, no doubt the Big Ten, Pac-12, etc. will follow through.

And who is involved with those decisions? College presidents and athletic directors. Schools will be dropping out next.

Game over

RIP NCAA Football
Another tweet:

Operation Sports ‏@operationsports 2m
RT @ChrisSnr: From @SportsBizMiss -- The Big XII says they haven't yet made a decision on the inclusion of their marks in future games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #46
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

Couldn't we end all of this if we just pay the players? It's starting to get a little silly as to how far we are willing to go just to avoid paying players.
NHL: Washington Capitals
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampstrike
Seems like the solution would be to produce any future college games (basketball, football, whatever...) using randomly generated players... just base their general level of quality based on the quality of the program. I'd still play such a game (especially if you can still edit players yourself), but I don't know how many share that opinion. Back in the Sega Genesis days I played college football because it had Michigan... the player numbers didn't even closely match the current squads. Just my opinion, anyway...

No thank you. I'm a firm believer in evolution. Clearly there was a point when all of the parties involved were happy with the money. Now, because there is ongoing litigation, they want to pull out.

I'm sorry, but I blame the SEC, no Ed. The money was good for quite some time. Time to pay some of that forward.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #48
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I don’t see how this title survives the lack of authenticity… No SEC even as a name is a huge blow because they’re the current face of college football.. 2K couldn’t survive even with superior gameplay and legends.. This hurts

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »