Home

yards after catch

This is a discussion on yards after catch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
yards after catch

Does anybody else have trouble with yards after the catch?

It doesn't matter if I'm playing with a cupcake team or a team full of blue chips I can't get much more than 20-30 yards after the catch with my receivers. THe recovery time after the catch is AWFUL.

Suggestions? Comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: yards after catch

I throw a lot of WR screens, against zone clear outs, against man crossing patterns (especially if they are blitzing). Leading with the QB is the most important part, otherwise you end up with the reaching back to catch the ball and then getting smacked animation.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:25 AM   #3
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Never had this problem.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

If you don't lead your receivers, this will happen. Make sure to hit them in stride and you'll get RAC
Old 01-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #5
rns
Rookie

Quote:

krobarts said:It doesn't matter if I'm playing with a cupcake team or a team full of blue chips I can't get much more than 20-30 yards after the catch with my receivers. THe recovery time after the catch is AWFUL.

Is that 20-30 yards for one catch, or for all your receivers for the entire game?
If that's for one catch, that's pretty good. And in the right situations I've had no problems having my receiver break away and take it all the way to the endzone with over 30 RAC ont he play, as long as they at least have around mid-80's speed.

Typically in a season, my top 3 receivers all have individual RAC numbers in the range of 350-500 yards. I don't know how that compares with reality, but it feels ok to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2004, 11:52 PM   #6
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I ususally get a decent amount of yards after the catch. It really helps to have speedy receivers. But generally, if you lead the receiver and throw to the open man, you shouldn't have too big of a problem getting some YAC.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #7
Rookie

I meant I only get 20-30 yards per game, after tampering more with leading receivers, I've been a little more successful but not as much as I'd like to.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:21 AM   #8
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

those short drag routes are great for yac.. anything short and over the middle.. its easier to lead them.. and they will usually have alot more room to make some moves..

today.. fitzgerald turned a few 2 yrd pass plays into 15-20 yarders because they were those short little routes and the backers either blitzed or dropped off into zones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »