Home

NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox

This is a discussion on NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #9
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox

If you're playing NCAA, I think the ps2 version is superior. I originally had the xbox version of NCAA but switched with the draft class issue (this has since been fixed). The thing that makes the PS2 version better is the wide receiver catching. With the Xbox version there would be many times where I would throw a bullet pass and it would just bounce off the receiver (surely someone else has noticed this). On the PS2, the receivers catch balls they should and is much more realistic in my opinion. But, the hard drive is very very nice to have on the Xbox, as well as the graphics, which are definitely a notch or two above the PS2.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #10
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

Hotwheelz116 said:
Reasons I picked the Xbox were ... Im not a huge gamer.

Yup, If you're not a huge gamer and were going to get only one system XBox would be your better buy.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
If you're playing NCAA, I think the ps2 version is superior. I originally had the xbox version of NCAA but switched with the draft class issue (this has since been fixed). The thing that makes the PS2 version better is the wide receiver catching. With the Xbox version there would be many times where I would throw a bullet pass and it would just bounce off the receiver (surely someone else has noticed this). On the PS2, the receivers catch balls they should and is much more realistic in my opinion. But, the hard drive is very very nice to have on the Xbox, as well as the graphics, which are definitely a notch or two above the PS2.

Now you're saying that the receivers drop more balls on XBox than they do PS2. I doubt this is the case when the PS2 version is the same as the xbox version. It simply has been ported over to the xbox. I think it's all in your mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:

I never noticed any gameplay difference in the 2 versions, and since they were ports, I don't know if it would even be possible there was one
Old 01-04-2004, 03:02 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Pared said:
Quote:

Hotwheelz116 said:
Reasons I picked the Xbox were ... Im not a huge gamer.

Yup, If you're not a huge gamer and were going to get only one system XBox would be your better buy.

It was my way of getting rid of the "PS2 has the most games" argument. Ive never been one to go out and buy games (even for PC) on a regular basis so I figured I would be fine choosing from the choices that the Xbox offers and still be happy.

And thanks again for the replies. Its been nice seeing civil arguments, and not the usual bickering about which system is better and whether your intelligence drops if you buy a certain one. Thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 12:48 AM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Mizzou23 said:

Now you're saying that the receivers drop more balls on XBox than they do PS2. I doubt this is the case when the PS2 version is the same as the xbox version. It simply has been ported over to the xbox. I think it's all in your mind.

maybe there was something funky with my original xbox copy, because I noticed a difference immediately. Maybe I'll give the xbox version a rent sometime to see if I still notice it. Not trying to spread false info or anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »