Home

Who's Ready for Team Builder 2015!

This is a discussion on Who's Ready for Team Builder 2015! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon5 Who's Ready for Team Builder 2015!

Obviously, EA has a lot of the stuff already built-in. Team builder, custom conferences, custom names of sub-conferences, custom schedules.

So is a bare bones offering, a la Team Builder '15 or Generic College Football '15, coming our way? Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Who's Ready for Team Builder 2015!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
Obviously, EA has a lot of the stuff already built-in. Team builder, custom conferences, custom names of sub-conferences, custom schedules.

So is a bare bones offering, a la Team Builder '15 or Generic College Football '15, coming our way? Thoughts?
I'm usually fairly optimistic, but in this case don't expect another year of College Football. Generic Football 15' with no conference names or team names and you have to customly build everything? Not worth EA's time and definitely not worth paying $60 bucks for IMO.

Next year's game will be called Madden '15 or Madden 26, not sure how they will name next year's Madden...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

I would like a generic football game only if you could customize every aspect of it....every important aspect anyway.

How many teams are in the league? How many conferences? How many games in the schedule?
What is the playoff format like? and so on...

Ideally, a generic game (with teambuilder teams) would give you the ability to create any type of league, wether it be pro, college, high school, or pee wee.

If anyone is familiar with the game 'Maximum football', A game with that kind of customization and the EA gameplay engine would be a major success in my opinion. But I dont think EA would be bold enough to try it.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I'll preface by saying I love Teambuilder, love it.

That being said, the feature is completely disjointed. You can't edit HS rosters to make 100% accurate teams for RtG; you can't edit coaching history, player years or hometowns to make accurate FCS teams and for some unknown reason they update FBS uniforms every year but you're limited to one alternate set so it'd be pointless to try and recreate an actual FBS team. Finally part of the fun of creating a completely fictitious team is diminished when the stadium they play in has reminders of the actual FBS team that uses it all over the scoreboard and pressbox.

To this day I have no idea who the actual audience for Teambuilder is supposed to be. I say all of that say I have zero faith in EA creating a fully customizable game nor do I think they have any interest in doing so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »