Home

Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out

This is a discussion on Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
Rookie

Humperdink's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out

Time to hunker down and wait, it appears. The NCAA is losing relevance and power very rapidly, and the power conference schools are running out of patience. Whatever changes come in that structure, and the results of these lawsuits (bear in mind that the real target here is the TV money, video games are small potatoes) may not come quickly, and the understandable reaction from the schools will be to reduce their exposure to risk. I get the feeling that whatever the new arrangement looks like will allow for some version of likeness reproduction, because there is SO much money on the table from the TV rights that nobody will want to let go of. The video game issue may have been where it starts, but the new power conference structure and the impact of likeness disputes on TV revenues will be where it ends. When the big money issues are resolved, the smaller money issues will follow the same legal pattern, and everything from broadcast rights to memorabilia will likely be effected. And that could take another several years to shake out. In the meantime, I hope that somebody figures out how to make a decent-playing, fully customizable game of football on the new consoles that can just skin over the necessary graphics on the field when the dust settles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #26
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
There's absolutely no better way to keep a game fresh, popular, relevant, and alive than to allow & support the modding community.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm guessing the team is one of the teams not part of the CLC. So either Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan State or USC

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

It will probably be Charlotte or one of the teams not yet in the FBS full time
Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would you do that? If this is true, the game will be missing 1 team. Would you really skip out on the '15 because of one team.
If it's Kansas, I'm out.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
Rookie

Humperdink's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
There's absolutely no better way to keep a game fresh, popular, relevant, and alive than to allow & support the modding community.

The best way to involve a modding community would be to have a PC version of the game, but we won't see those again until consoles are dead (this may be their last iteration) and they'll probably be multi-platform and digital. We'll be playing the games on our TVs from hard drives or as cloud content or something. When that happens I would bet that modding will get easier.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #31
Rookie

Foots's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humperdink
The best way to involve a modding community would be to have a PC version of the game, but we won't see those again until consoles are dead (this may be their last iteration) and they'll probably be multi-platform and digital. We'll be playing the games on our TVs from hard drives or as cloud content or something. When that happens I would bet that modding will get easier.
Oh the wonders of having a game on PC. Prime example is NASCAR Racing 2003 season. Fourteen years later its still being modded by the simracing community despite the fact that IRacing is around. Having a PC version of NCAA 14 or 15 would be outstanding.

I really think this is a fluid situation at the moment. As of now, maybe there is one team out, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the game. There is still quite some time to work out a deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #32
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

I think at the end of the day something will be worked out and all teams will eventually be in the game. Why? well because if there is money to be made then it will get done some how.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »