Home

Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books?

This is a discussion on Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books?

So, I am messing around with custom play books and I have a question. How do you know if two plays are "linked" together for the PA passing game? I mean some are obvious of course like the Power Run and he PA Power Run (or Read Option and PA Read), but there are a lot that aren't as obvious. Is there any way of know what two plays are linked for the ones that are linked?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
So, I am messing around with custom play books and I have a question. How do you know if two plays are "linked" together for the PA passing game? I mean some are obvious of course like the Power Run and he PA Power Run (or Read Option and PA Read), but there are a lot that aren't as obvious. Is there any way of know what two plays are linked for the ones that are linked?
best advice i can offer you is to look for the place where the play action is occuring and link run plays and playaction plays that mimick the same mesh point. why it can get alittle more complicated than that, matching the mesh points will get you 90% of where you want to be.

what id also advise is spending alittle time in practice mode on freshman diff level, simply testing your run/playaction matches out.

also note that some run plays dont seem to have a playaction play it will link to. but the vast majority of them do. hope this is of some help to you.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have noticed that just a running out of a certain formation for a a while will set up and play action pretty well for instance you could run hbdive, fb dive, hbpower and then play action play and it'll work almost every time because you have been running for 5 straight plays out of the same formation
Old 08-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjones16
I have noticed that just a running out of a certain formation for a a while will set up and play action pretty well for instance you could run hbdive, fb dive, hbpower and then play action play and it'll work almost every time because you have been running for 5 straight plays out of the same formation
Yeah it does work pretty well, but plays that are actually linked (with the link icons in play books) work even better. I just don't know which ones they are from inside create a playbook
Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
best advice i can offer you is to look for the place where the play action is occuring and link run plays and playaction plays that mimick the same mesh point. why it can get alittle more complicated than that, matching the mesh points will get you 90% of where you want to be.

what id also advise is spending alittle time in practice mode on freshman diff level, simply testing your run/playaction matches out.

also note that some run plays dont seem to have a playaction play it will link to. but the vast majority of them do. hope this is of some help to you.
Even better is to do practice mode with offense only. It takes 20yards to setup a play which you can get every time with offense only.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Even better is to do practice mode with offense only. It takes 20yards to setup a play which you can get every time with offense only.
That's pretty smart there... I guess you're some kinda smart guy huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »